Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lady care magnet  (Read 12095 times)

walking the dog

Re: Lady care magnet
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 08:06:26 PM »

I totally agree with you hurdity , I bought mine out of desperation and it did zilch for me apart from weigh me down and attach me to magnetic objects !

Elizabethrose

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 01:06:52 PM »

Hi Dennylou

I've never tried a magnet so I've absolutely no idea if it works, however, if you find it works for you I am absolutely delighted. There has been much scientific research into placebos as highlighted by this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

We are all just trying to get by here and I wish you well x

Lesley2222

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 11:59:46 AM »

I think I had a pretty easy but early menopause thanks to the progesterone mini pill and using ladycare magnet.  I found the magnet worked for me.  I think the thing to remember is that the change doesn't happen all at once, it comes in waves as your bodies hormones change.  You can go months without a hot flush and suddenly they're back!  The best advice I was given by somebody was to sleep in silk!  I laughed at this thinking yep, I really want to dress up in silk to sweat through the night and don't want to attract hubbies attention -but it was the best advice, in desperation I went to the fabric shop, bought some silk fabric and made a loose t-shirt style nightie.  It was great, the silk dries very quickly and takes the sweat away from your body so you are hot/cold and clammy from the sweat.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 05:03:13 PM »

Hi Lesley2222 - glad you had a pretty easy early menopause but will be unlikely to be anything to do with the magnet though!!! In early menopause symptoms may not be present at all - they weren't with me - and it's only when my periods would stop for a few months and oestrogen dropped significantly that I started to get flushes and sweats.  You are absolutely right that the symptoms come "in waves as your bodies hormones change"!

This is typical of early peri-menopause - that symptoms come and go as hormones go up and down. In my case I was convinced the Black Cohosh I was taking was working when it was really my hormones. Once my oestrogen levels had dropped permanently - the flushes and sweats stayed and I threw away the Black Cohosh.

Great tip about the silk....I once bought a silk nightie years ago from Monsoon in the sale - it as a beautiful long thing - totally unsuitable for sleeping in though as it twisted up every time I turned over - was before I was menopausal. My husband liked it though  ;) !! Sadly it ripped eventually. Even though I'm on HRT I'm getting very hot in this weather so maybe should invest in shortie silk pjs!

Hurdity x

Dennylou48

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 09:00:49 AM »

Hi thank you hurdity for your replys, I have removed it to see if it makes a difference and to be fair it's not a great deal, I'm 3 years peri and not seen a period for 4 months now so getting much longer, I can cope with almost everything except the spaced out, fuzzy head feeling that I'm getting on a Dailey basis now, it's there nearly all of the day and dwindles away around 4 or 5 in the afternoon, this I can't cope with. I don't want to go down hrt route as I am trying to get through it as natural as I can, my doctor said he will give me Prozac as I have anxiety too . I don't know what to do. At present I'm also seeing a chiropractor cause my ligaments in my neck are inflamed and muscles have tightened, oh happppyyyyy dddddaaaayyyysssss !!!!!!! NOT xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 06:17:26 PM »

Hi Dennylou48

Sorry to hear about your problems. Why don't you start a new thread in All Things menopause as your post will get missed here as many members don't look in this section nor read about magnets  ;D ?

We can help advise you eg on HRT and the issue of what is natural - ADs certainly are not, but much of HRT definitely is - as in replacing what your body was making naturally and the same molecules. Doctors are not supposed to prescribe things like Prozac as first line of treatment if your anxiety is part of menopause and you are also having menopausal symptoms.

Do please post in the main section and you will get more replies - and hopefully we can help you and if not you will get support :)

Hurdity x

orchid

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 08:36:24 AM »

They are like many alternative remedies they work on a psychological basis. I was having period type cramp with mine, then was diagnosed with Haemochromotosis (iron overload) so it's likely mine was drawing iron to it, maybe this was the cause of the pain!  Stranger things have happened.
While on the subject of Haemochromotosis, let me just raise some awareness for you ladies. If you are feeling utter fatigue and tiredness do NOT reach for iron tablets before consulting with your dr, as iron overload and other things cause the same symptoms. A ferritin blood test not just a full blood count haemoglobin test is the only thing that picks this up! It is a genetic disorder and I've gone undiagnosed for years. Just a friendly word of warning. My symptoms are depression, abdo pain palpitations, joint pain. The treatment is venesection weekly for a while then 3-4 times yearly for life.
Pages: 1 [2]