Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 89th Birthday  (Read 3042 times)

Ju Ju

89th Birthday
« on: July 24, 2016, 07:06:39 AM »

Today we will celebrating my Mum's 89th birthday. As she nearly died last year, Mum and Dad decided to celebrate her birthday with the whole family this year, rather than wait for next year. (She doesn't want to miss anything, if she kicks the bucket before she is 90, apparently!) They don't enjoy parties. So there will be 12 of us going out for a meal at lunchtime, then coming back here for tea. Both my niece and nephew, with their partner/wife, my BIL, all of whom I haven't seen for ages, along with my DD and family will be here. Only my son and family couldn't be here.

Joyce

Re: 89th Birthday
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 08:28:16 AM »

Happy Birthday to your mum Ju Ju!  I'm sure she'll appreciate the celebrations.

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 09:38:01 AM »

happy birthday Ju Ju's mum, enjoy every minute with your family.  We have a lunch with our whole family (17 of us) for our anniversary next month.  Family meets are lovely, have a great time  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 11:14:07 AM »

:congrats:  your Mum can then repeat it all in 12 month's time ;-).

:cake:

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 07:40:34 PM »

CLKD, that's just what I said as Mum left.

We all had a great time. We went to the same restaurant we went to for their wedding anniversary and were presented with a bottle of prosecco. The manager thanked me for sending the staff a thank you card for making our meal such a lovely experience then. Lovely to see all the young people. Mum was thrilled with the embroidery I had got for her to do, along several bottles of wine. Hopefully she won't imbibe while embroidering! Funny to think they were teetotal when I was a child. Did I drive them to drink?  :D Very difficult lady to buy presents for.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 08:03:31 PM »

How lovely.  Plans going ahead for next year then  ;)