Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Acid reflux sore throat  (Read 12105 times)

dazned

Re: Acid reflux sore throat
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 06:49:04 AM »

Sparkle that comment about garlic rang a bell. The two recent bouts of terrible heartburn,acid in throat,something that I dont normally ever suffer from,came after I had eaten alot of garlic both times ! How weird and I love garlic  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 08:04:54 AM »

Heartburn triggers as we get older (i.e. usually over 50 but for some in their forties from what I've read) http://www.webmd.boots.com/heartburn-gord/guide/heartburn-triggers

My husband can no longer tolerate garlic or tomatoes or chocolate although he disputes that chocolate is a culprit  ;D

Taz x

Melly

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 10:32:17 PM »

Sparkle,

May I say you are a wonder with all these helpful tips!  I never had acid reflux in my life til late last year.  My HA convinced me it was lung cancer.  My anxiety was off the charts!  I feel like it comes and goes.  I was in a good stage until the last week when my son came down with pneumonia, coughed his horrible germs all over me and then I became ill.  Better now, but now the viscious circle of cough-mucus galore-clearing throat is back!  And throw in some tummy trouble for good measure. 
Time to take some meds for acid relief... :D

Melly

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 09:29:24 PM »

Yes he is, Sparkle, thank you for asking. 

That is what makes this site so wonderful, all these great ladies sharing their experiences, knowledge. 

It's amazing the comfort you get just by reading "me too" when another crazy symptom arises and you think you're the only one! 

Claireylou

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 08:30:08 PM »

Hi Sparkle,

Bit of a mixed bag really. My throat is fine one minute and a bit sore the next??

I'm really down with it all today. Had comprehensive blood tests last Wednesday, appoint to discuss results with GP this Wednesday. Health anxiety in overdrive thinking there's something seriously wrong, just waiting for phone to ring to say bloods have shown something terminal or serious  :(

In a really bad place at the moment.

Thank you for asking, I'm sorry to moan xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 09:56:13 PM »

I'm sat up in bed crying my eyes out Sparkle.

Yes I can take GA and it does soothe. It's just my ridiculous imagination has convinced me that it's more serious. And I've done something really daft .... I've googled xxx  :'( :'(

Claireylou

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 10:23:01 PM »

Thank you Sparkle, you're very kind.

Yes it has arrived. Bit uncomfortable if I'm honest but as long as it helps I don't really mind.

I've exhausted myself today blooming worrying so much. Just hope it's not as bad as I think when I go for my results on Wednesday xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 10:54:20 PM »

I haven't read through but Omeprazol has had bad press in recent months.  Will try to remember to find my quote from Dr Le Fanu.

I find if I take my evening meds too close to bed time refulx starts, I then have to 'sleep' sitting up.  The only thing that helps are Rennies, spearmint, lots of.  Otherwise I make a lot of saliva which comes back up.  Sometimes certain food stuffs can start if off, so there really isn't anything that I avoid as it does vary.  When I had The Germ throughout May sips of water or trying to take pain relief with a drink were enough to cause vicious reflux  >:( even though I was sitting up all day.

Hiatus hernis is common in ladies of 'a certain age', probably due to oestrogen drop off = laxity of muscles.

Dr Google knows nowt  >:(  :-X

Claireylou

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 06:24:22 AM »

Hi Sparkle,

I'm 45 and still in peri. My mum had completely gone through when she was 46 so I'm heading in the right direction. I haven't missed any periods yet but they have become lighter, heavier, shorter cycles and longer cycles xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 03:28:15 PM »

I feel like in the thick of things at the moment. Hot flushes have got worse etc.

Get my blood results at 10 in the morning. Of course my tummy is doing flips and I'm getting really nervous in case they show something sinister xxx
Pages: 1 [2]