Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Prague another shooting  (Read 106065 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Nice :-( - Munich - next?
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2017, 07:33:20 PM »

Florida - Fort Lauderdale Airport ..........  :-\

cubagirl

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2017, 08:50:37 PM »

Can't believe guns are acceptable in hold luggage!  :angryfire:

CLKD

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2017, 10:52:59 PM »

It's the US - they have a 'right' to bear Arms.  How else would someone carry a fire-arm, it was collected from the Hold ........ sad World that we live in  :'(

Dana

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2017, 02:50:47 AM »

Whenever I hear the term "right to bear arms" I always think that Americans are really lucky they have the right to "bare" their arms in nice summery sleeveless frocks.

(You have to laugh at the absurdity of some things in America. Stops you from shaking your head in disbelief.)

Ju Ju

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »

Crazy. I'm glad we don't have the gun culture here. It was much easier to toughen up legislation. It's a completely different mindset in the USA. Guns were essential for survival a few hundred years ago, but now? The NRA's argument is that guns do not kill, people do. Yes, true, but when you have dysfunctional people in society, why hand them such a devastating means to kill so easily? It's a shame Obama was unable to push legislation past congress, despite support, particularly by grieving relatives.

Dorothy

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2017, 07:57:14 PM »

Really don't get the American mindset when it comes to guns, but I've learned not to bother arguing with it - only last week, I read an impassioned article by an American who was using the Battle of Wounded Knee (you know - the one where all those American Indians were massacred...with guns) as 'proof' of the importance to fight to keep the right for all Americans to carry guns...because it 'saves lives' and 'protects families'.  You couldn't make it up could you...dozens of families massacred by guns proves that guns protect families... :(

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2017, 03:26:45 PM »

Westminster Bridge and Parliament in Lock down  :-\ incident at 2.40 p.m. with a car hitting 8+ people, Policeman stabbed and shots fired.

cubagirl

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2017, 04:07:27 PM »

It was only a matter of time. Though maybe more connected to current discussions/arguments

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2017, 04:36:28 PM »

1 lady dead ........  :-\

cubagirl

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2017, 04:38:07 PM »

1 too many.  Another now.  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2017, 04:39:30 PM »

:'( - apparently the Eye has been stopped so people are up there for at least 2 hours now ....... with no loo! that would not be the best place for me, another reason not to book a ticket!

cubagirl

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2017, 04:56:27 PM »

Think they are gradually bringing the pods round to let folk off. Nerves would make me need the loo.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2017, 05:01:28 PM »

Westminster bridge is always so busy, as is the whole surrounding area, packed with tourists too. I'm so very sorry for everyone affected.

We can't safeguard ourselves against cars being used as weapons, heavy London traffic is a way of life for us. It's not that there is poor security around Westminster. There are heavily armed police highly prevalent around London now just as in Paris.

I've lived through so many London attacks over the years, clearly remember the IRA threats. Whilst not blasé you can't live your life worrying about this sort of stuff. However, I'm at the theatre tomorrow night, I do always instinctively check the escape routes once seated.

Such wickedness in this world.

CLKD

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2017, 05:05:45 PM »

Will The West End be affected tonight?  I always check Exits too, in shops, garden centres, antique shops  ::)

Megamind

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »

:'( - apparently the Eye has been stopped so people are up there for at least 2 hours now ....... with no loo! that would not be the best place for me, another reason not to book a ticket!

I just said the same thing about them needing the loo. I said 'that's why I would never go on anything like that'!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16