Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 28 Day Cycle  (Read 2030 times)

Frankie3030

28 Day Cycle
« on: July 06, 2016, 07:53:36 AM »

Hi,

I did post before but I think I made it too confusing.

Can someone help me with regard to HRT and a 28 day cycle.  I have been told to take Utrogestan on day 15 of a 28 day cycle.  What if your cycle is not 28 days?  Or does it mean that you simply always start taking it 15 days after your cycle starts.  The reason I am confused is that during my meeting with my gynaecologist, he said to take it on Day 15 of my cycle for 12 days and then stop for 12 days, which would then disregard a 28 day cycle.  Hopefully someone can make it clear for me as I am not getting much back from my gynaecologist as he is too busy to respond and his colleague just emailed and repeated that I should do 28 day cycle.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

dazned

Re: 28 Day Cycle
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 08:05:03 AM »

Hi

As I understand it,well what I did, use/take your estrogen for 14 days alone ,then on the 15 day add your progesterone alongide your estrogen for 12 days. Then back to estrogen only etc.etc.  you should get a withdrawal bleed a few days after stopping the progesterone but dont worry if its earlier or later or indeed not at all ! After a few cycles of this it should fall into place.  ::)