Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Bowel habits.  (Read 39032 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Bowel habits.
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2016, 12:36:43 PM »

Thank you, Sparkle.

Marty. Yes, I originally complained about the problem a couple of years ago. Had a colonoscopy, but nothing found. Blamed on IBS and I followed advice given by bowel consultant. Managed to achieve good consistency of stools, but problem got worse.....incomplete evacuation. Went back to GP and found I had a rectocele. Had the repair done and hysterectomy for prolapse. That was 9 months ago. The problem has not improved so the gynaecologist/surgeon referred me for a MRI of the pelvic floor. He was looking for prolapse of the rectum, but fortunately I haven't got that. But the MRI clearly showed the difficulty I am having and the treatment for that is physio. For which I am waiting for an appointment. It's been a while since I was referred.

Mardy

« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2016, 12:46:54 PM »

Do you think you could go back to GP and try & hassle up the physio, it sounds very stressful? You need to be shown how best to manage your condition & you seem to be getting left - which is happening more & more due to NHS cuts - I think.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2016, 05:07:45 PM »

Sorry to hear that this is becoming a nuisance!  I would ring the physio and see if there may be a 'missed' appt., i.e. someone not turning up or cancelling at short notice.  At least you would be able to discuss initially what the protocol to achieve evacuation would be ……..

I have to sit on the loo some mornings for ages  ::) - I feel the need to 'go' and eventually my bowel decides to empty …...

Ju Ju

« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2016, 05:36:29 PM »

Diet, drinking enough and exercise obviously helps to a point, but it seems this is as much a mechanical issue beyond all that, which is why I need physio. I seem to altered sensation as well.

Yes, CLKD, if I haven't heard by the time I get back from my holiday, I'll ring the physio to see where I stand appointment wise. What a lovely job......re-educating bowels! Not one that was mentioned when given career advice at school!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]