Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Bowel habits.  (Read 39760 times)

Winterose

Re: Bowel habits.
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2016, 10:54:44 AM »

Please read the gut book, its very interesting.  When me and my siblings were  small we were all told to Poo in the morning before school and as we hated the school loos we all did this .  To this 50 years plus  day we all now go to the loo before showering in morning , it happens automatically. I have done this with my children and they do the same so am sure some of its mental - I was fine until I dieted and that upset the  routine and then I got piles , however with a lot more raw veg back on track. :D

Ju Ju

« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »

Gut book on the way!

Evelyn63

« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2016, 12:30:24 PM »

Please read the gut book, its very interesting.  When me and my siblings were  small we were all told to Poo in the morning before school and as we hated the school loos we all did this .  To this 50 years plus  day we all now go to the loo before showering in morning , it happens automatically. I have done this with my children and they do the same so am sure some of its mental - I was fine until I dieted and that upset the  routine and then I got piles , however with a lot more raw veg back on track. :D

Gut book is so informative, and makes reading about this particular area of the body , very interesting and fun too !  I got mine in Sainsburys, think it was only about £3

babyjane

« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2016, 01:11:28 PM »

I am fine and regular unless my thyroid levels are low, which I think they are at the moment as other things point to this being the case.

I learned to 'hold on to it' from a very early age as I was hoiked out of the toilet if my father wanted to use it. On the other hand, once he had left for work I was made to 'sit there until you've been'.  Some times I didn't 'go' for up to 5 days at a time.  The less I went the more I got told off and the more I got told off the less I went.

Taz2

« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2016, 01:25:57 PM »

Gut book is so informative, and makes reading about this particular area of the body , very interesting and fun too !  I got mine in Sainsburys, think it was only about £3

That's a brilliant price Evelyn considering it's such a new publication - I haven't seen it cheaper than £10!

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2016, 02:21:05 PM »

Maybe pass the 'gut' book around …………  ;)

When I get into my warm bath as the water hits my bottom I feel queasy  :-\

babyjane

« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2016, 02:48:32 PM »

thanks for the recommendation.  I have ordered the gut book from The Book Depository for £4.34  :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2016, 05:44:48 PM »

Just bought the book in Sainsburys for £3.99. Will Taz receive any commission?  ;D

And just had a plate of raw veg. Suits me as I'm lazy! Now going to have something naughty........ :P

Taz2

« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2016, 05:52:21 PM »

It's such a good read. Sounds unlikely I know but I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!

Taz x  :sunny:

Janice68

« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2016, 05:57:31 PM »

I read your post about the book  the gut the other day. So I just received my copy today!! Cheers Jan x

Bettyboo

« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2016, 09:18:59 AM »

Bought the Gut Book on Kindle yesterday for £3.72 and already read 25%. It is a great read in a fab writing style (glad I did not buy it in French at supermarket yesterday as I don't think I could cope with the translation, lol).

Already I understand so much more about my gut and worrying less about it today. It is just like I understand much more about my brain and anxiety since I read the Ruby Wax book. Knowledge is power.

babyjane

« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2016, 11:43:44 AM »

maybe we could do with starting a MM library where we could share our books  :)

Taz2

« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2016, 12:03:08 PM »

There is a book club thread babyjane and a list at the top of the page (under "more") for books recommended by members?

Taz x  :)

wombat62

« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2016, 12:52:30 PM »

What's the Ruby Wax book called? Sounds interesting.

I had a good gut book called Gut Reaction by Gudren someone. It does help as I followed parts of her regime and it did help with the IBS at the time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2016, 01:20:21 PM »

It's not the same as swapping books though which would mean giving away any anominity that we want to preserve. 

I was a member of 'gut reaction' many years ago ……..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12