Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: New member please help !!  (Read 15438 times)

V29boo

Re: New member please help !!
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2016, 10:51:58 PM »

JustJules I totally get where your coming from and how it must have hurt you that your daughter was having a lovely day out and you felt neglected and left out.
I've had similar situations yes they have their own lives and it may seem selfish but when we are feeling low and vulnerable feeling like we are rejected pushes us over the edge and I too would have wept my heart goes out to you xx

Justjules

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2016, 07:55:49 PM »

Thanks Vboo...was telling my therapist today about everything and she said we lose the rationale side of things when we are so depleted and advised me to sort out my diet via the right nutrients, good fats for brain function and then and only then, tackle what's bothering me and maybe have the conversation with daughter. x

V29boo

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »

JustJules -any tips and advice on diet and fats for brain function would be most welcome. I try to follow a healthy diet lots of fruit and veg low fat and drink lots of water along with regular exercise my treat is a glass of wine or two.
Has anyone out there tried any natural supplements I keep reading about things but don't want to spend money if it's a waste of time x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 09:38:01 PM »

Depends what you mean about things being 'natural'  ::) - digitalis is 'natural'.  Have you seen the 'alternative' threads?

Sometimes ladies find alternatives useful until their hormones over-ride any benefits.

Eating a 'healthy' diet can help.  Cooking from scratch.  Occasional treats.  Plenty of fruits and veg.; fresh, dried, frozen ……. fish twice a week, plenty of white meat with occasional steak.  Exercise too.  Apparently  ::)

Justjules

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2016, 02:24:03 PM »

Vboo, my therapist says we need fats for our brains to function properly i.e. proper butter, olive oil, rapeseed oil, she says to stay away from all low fat stuff and just eat less quantity of the good ones if you need to watch your weight. Also, look at adrenal fatigue foods....they recommend, grains, pulses on top of good helpings of vegetables and fresh food, no processed. Not rocket science really and the only problem I have at the moment is I have a poor appetite so keep grabbing the sugary rubbish which won't do me any good.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2016, 02:30:19 PM »

I have been using a muesli (Liz's) and a small amount fills me up so I don't get that sudden dip.

Justjules

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2016, 08:17:48 PM »

CLKD, I find that good too but not enough to keep me on an even keel till mid morning. I really need protein in a morning apparently but can't face it....I can just about get porridge down me and then try something else at around 10:00am.

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2016, 08:25:43 PM »

Someone suggested that I should have a boiled egg with toast for breakfast  :-X

V29boo

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2016, 06:46:00 AM »

Does anyone suffer from puffy eyes in the mornings especially? I find now my eyes look constantly tired even though I get lots of sleep. Of course it never helps if the tears start then I just seem to have puffy eyes and face for days.
JustJules....I have only recently started using the real fats is proper butter olive oil spray rather than fry light because there has been so much hype about the low fat stuff being full of rubbishy. So I decided if I want half fat just butter I slice of my bread instead of both for my sandwich or have half a tablespoon of mayo (the real stuff) rather than a full tablespoon of low fat, quite simple really and so much tastier.
Also finding the hormonal headaches are getting worse and yesterday went to a barbecue and had a glass of wine and started with a horrible headache has anyone else found they have had to give up alcohol? And if so have you felt better for it? X

Dorothy

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2016, 07:26:25 AM »

Yes, I wake up every morning looking like I've been crying buckets!  Very annoying as I've always been one of those people who look wide awake from the moment I open my eyes, but now I need a good hour or so before I look normal! 

I've never been able to drink alcohol at all, but I've read other forum members saying they've had to give it up. 

V29boo

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2016, 07:39:44 AM »

Yes Dorothy that's how I feel my eyes were always bright and alive but now like you I need time to look normal😩As we speak I am putting cold spoons on my eyes to reduce puffiness....oh the joys of being a woman x

Kay cottee

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2016, 03:16:43 PM »

Hi.im a new member to..age 53. Been told I'm post menopause.. But only now suffering menopause symptoms. The worst by far is the anxiety..
I read your story and it is EXACTLY how I feel....I'm seeing gp hopefully get some anti depressants... Would try anything right now.. Feel so bad....
 :'( :'(

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2016, 03:51:37 PM »

:bighug: for you Kay and  :welcomemm:

Explain that you need medication to ease anxiety as some are geared towards those symptoms.  Browse round.  Make notes.  Some ladies find that keeping a food/mood diary useful.

V29boo

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2016, 04:17:38 PM »

Hi Kay Cottee...welcome it's nice to hear from you. I have been to my GP and been given anti depressants I must admit I'm feeling a little better and she did say she could increase the dose if I still wasn't feeling 100% think I will give it another couple weeks see how I feel so it is definitely worth having a chat with your GP. I think I am handling things a bit better over the last week anyway and haven't cried for a few days because I was finding myself crying at the drop of a hat just felt awful and felt everyone was out to get me are you feeling like that too? Xx

dangermouse

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2016, 07:37:41 PM »

A lot of the bad feelings we get from those closest to us, who we so want to understand us, is as CLKD says, coming from a place of fear. Not only in a selfish way, where we don't want to have to cope with others' problems, but because of projection and reflection where we are reminded of what we may become!

Its one of the main reasons people are so obsessed with how they look today. They hear others' derogatory comments about ageing and they are then thrown into a need to NEVER look old because they believe not looking young and vibrant equals not being wanted. We then repeat the derogatory words about how bad it is for us to look old, someone else hears and the cycle continues. Its a complete media myth that we've all become dragged into - including men these days. No-one actually really cares about us having a few wrinkles or not being slim. We are not models and, unless we are trying to attract one-night stands, then we also aren't simply a sexual being!

Your experience in life and your developed personality, even when you're having anxiety rushes, is so much more interesting and important than a sexy pair of legs.

Its true that not everyone appreciates these facts, but the ones who don't are also suffering and stuck in this false turmoil about how they look and 'appear' (in terms of confidence) and don't want anyone, particularly their own mother, reminding them of what might also change for them. Those who are above this fallacy are the true people to invest your time in at this time because they will appreciate the richness you have to offer.

Vulnerability is a beautiful thing, it takes bravery to be vulnerable, to admit to your weaknesses and your insecurities. We cannot strengthen until we admit and accept our weaknesses. Many young people will not get this, please do not take their ignorance to heart as they will hopefully eventually start to understand - that is their responsibility though. Be true to yourself, not a 'fun front' that doesn't complain and blends in with others so they invite you out, you are so much more than that. Remember, Facebook is one big front and doesn't tell the true story behind the event, just a second captured on camera when everyone was told to smile...

People generally don't mean to be so cruel, they just don't understand and are getting it wrong themselves. You guys are wiser remember and SO much stronger than you think.  8)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4