Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Now I know why I have such nerve pain  (Read 6135 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Now I know why I have such nerve pain
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 10:40:15 AM »

What's wrong with seeing a Consultant privately?  One may not require any further intervention  ::) but 1 gets peace of mind.  Do remember that NHS Consultants, if not working privately, would be away doing other 'stuff': golf, breeding sheep, sailing …… also, the number of patients booked in for surgical procedures who fail to turn up  >:( on the morning, evens out those who can pay!!!! (experience of this many times ! )

People who can afford to pay for treatment get surgery done, recovery out of the way and are back to work quickly - therefore helping the Balance of Payments.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 04:35:45 PM »

I always feel a bit guilty about anyone who can't pay for that first consultation ::) I feel guilty very easily!

spoke to the private hospital I have been referred to and a) they haven't received the referral but Dr's say it has been posted last week and b) the consultant is fully booked up until July.  They were passing it over to his secretary to find me an appt possibly at another private hospital earlier and to get Dr surgery to fax the referral.

I am always jinked where referrals are concerned and mine always go astray which is why i keep such a close eye on them.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 05:32:03 PM »

July isn't long to wait. Also, your GP has had a Bank Holiday to deal with  ::)

ellie

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 06:21:03 PM »

I saw my neurosurgeon privately before my last operation on my back, not something I like doing or can afford, but you get chance to have a really good chance to talk to them without feeling rushed.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 06:01:59 PM »

Neurosurgeons secretary contacted me and they are putting in an extra clinic as he is so busy so will be seeing him week on saturday so thats good.  Still no referral so must have been eaten by a postman ;D  they are getting the Gp to fax it to them now.

I'm getting a proper wheelchair of my own, the borrowed one from the red cross is well interesting to say the least. Its broken but fixed with a cable tie, it weighs a ton so husband is doing himself an injury lifting it in and out of vehicle and every part of it moves independently to each other which is great fun when going over any slight bump in the floor as your buttocks move different ways and so does each foot.  Like some fairground ride without the excitement.
I am getting one with big wheels although won't be self propelling, as these are most comfy and easiest for the pusher as they can go over bumps and small kerbs. Its incredibly light but very strong.  Price of a good holiday but it does mean I can now go out alot more as husband can push it outside, even had pusher controlled brakes as well as usual ones for the downhills ;D

ellie

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 06:14:52 PM »

Don't forget a nice comfy cushion  ;) and a smart bag for the back. It might be expensive but money well spent  :).........PS, I do hope your DH is a better pusher than mine  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 06:41:36 PM »

Also buy very good gloves!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 07:16:16 PM »

Cushion ordered.  Gloves?? are they for me or husband ;D

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 08:06:42 PM »

Apparently wearing gloves doesn't leave any marks  ;D

Gloves for wheeling the wheels  ;)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 09:58:18 PM »

I won't be self propelling because apart from the collapsed lower back my neck gave up years ago >:( so I have restricted use of my arms.  Honestly I was not paying attention when they made me ::)
Pages: 1 [2]