Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Showering After Estrogel?  (Read 15779 times)

Tempest

Showering After Estrogel?
« on: May 23, 2016, 04:18:42 PM »

Hello again ladies, first of all may I apologise for creating this little separate thread but I didn't want it to get 'buried' in the thread where you have all recently helped me enormously.

I have decided I need to split my dose of Estrogel, but have possibly a small problem. I currently apply at night, but will now need to apply a pump in the morning and intend applying it around 7.45 am. Trouble is, I have things of a very messy nature that I have to do on the farm first thing so I like to then pop home and have a shower before I settle down to do my paperwork for the day. I usually shower around 10.30 to 11.00.

Would it be OK to do this and would it affect the gel's absorption at all showering after it has been on for approximately 3 hours? I have googled extensively and it is not really clear if this is OK. I did find a very rambling article on the Surmeno website but it wasn't too helpful (it was very obsessed about how residual gel can come off our clothing in the washing machine when we do laundry. I could do without those kind of scare tactics, thank you)!

You very kind advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much! :)

Liz

Re: Showering After Estrogel?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 04:26:22 PM »

I usually apply my gel after my shower around 10am (I walk my dog first-thing and shower when I get back).  Think it's OK if you wait for a shower for 3 hours, this will give the gel time to absorb.

Having said that, I'm going to try using my gel after my evening shower as of tonight...... wondering if applying at night rather than morning may help me sleep better.

Tempest

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 04:53:41 PM »

Thank you ladies! I would like to stick to applying it at 7.45 am and pm if at all possible as I find I get jittery after my evening application and this settles down a bit before I have to turn in for the night. I wouldn't want to do it close to bedtime as I am afraid I would lie in bed jittering away for a few hours, which wouldn't be good! :o

Liz

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 05:53:22 PM »

Oh Gawd!  :)  Perhaps I shouldn't apply before bed then...... don't want to go to bed feeling jittery.   The past few nights I've been waking up really early in the mornings (4ish) feeling very hot, so was wondering whether to try my application before bed, but no point if it won't help with sleeping as opposed to morning application.

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 06:01:00 PM »

Don't panic, Liz! If there's one thing I've learned since I've been here at MM, it's that we're all different! I'm 1 year out in surgical menopause without HRT and just starting it, so I'm having a particularly hard time getting my body to like estrogen again. As they say, suck it and see! You may sleep like a baby. I guess it's all trial and error as every lady is unique. ;)

Liz

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 06:04:18 PM »

Thanks, Tempest......... think I'll have to try it and see tonight as I didn't put my dose on this morning.  If it has an untoward effects, I'll revert to morning applications.  Hope you get on OK - Oestrogel is great, been using it for 2 years myself.

Tempest

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 07:54:17 PM »

That's really encouraging to hear that you get on so well with it Liz! Let me know how you get on with the switch. I hope you sleep better! :)