Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ovulation without eggwhite mucus?  (Read 7867 times)

Ovulation without eggwhite mucus?
« on: May 22, 2016, 08:27:45 PM »

A couple of days ago my lower tummy area was sore, my nipples were sore, my boobs swollen and I was gassy with a rumbly tummy. It was right around 10-14 days after my last period so I assumed ovulation. But I haven't seen any increased discharge or eggwhite mucus. Now my boobs are less swollen and sore and my tummy has settled again. What just happened....?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovulation without eggwhite mucus?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 09:13:59 PM »

I never knew when I ovulated.  Ever. 

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 05:05:56 AM »

I usually do. Especially with increased watery discharge and then eggwhite mucus. Sometimes with a drop of blood. But so far nothing this month.

Machair

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 08:43:25 AM »

Very difficult to tell. May be you could start taking your temperature and perhaps this will give you more idea. I like the Ovusoft forum and website, as here you can join other ladies in perimenopause and chart your fertility signs. You need a sustained rise in temperature to confirm ovulation. Charting there is free and it might give you some idea what is going on. This is why I joined as I had the same as you, as well as egg white mucus at random times.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 07:37:58 AM »

Hrm.. My boobs got sore again the last couple of days, muscle and joint pain, bloating, increased discharge etc. And today my period started, exactly 3 weeks after the start of my last period. So early, in other words. Nothing about this cycle has made any sense, but I start to guess that this is the hallmark of peri anyway......?!

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 07:18:19 PM »

Huh... And here we go again with weirdness? Day 8 of my cycle today and I have lots of eggwhite mucus. Have felt the last day or so that something was going on. I barely have a chance to finish my period before it starts again with eggwhite mucus???

Machair

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 04:27:12 PM »

I have had this too. Whenever you have stretchy mucus you have high oestrogen. In peri this can be all the time or in flares and may not indicate ovulation- you need a sustained temperature rise for that.

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 04:51:57 PM »

This is exactly what I had - early mucus then period about 2 weeks later.  Lots of three week (ish) cycles, mucus mixed up with period. Sometimes mucus for several days.

It gradually changed to frequent and random periods without the mucus.

I kept a chart and there was no discernible ovulation in that time.  Except the very last month before I started taking hrt  ::) :sigh:

When I started on hrt, that knocked it on the head.  It ruined several holidays.  I found that 'ibuprofen' is understandable in several European languages  ;)

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 04:57:12 PM »

Interesting to hear that it's so similar. I had one big mucus clot yesterday that was slightly brownish. I wonder if that was ovulation blood or just some remnants from my last period that had barely ended. My periods also have a strange way of stoppning abruptly these days. They don't taper off the way they used too.... Anyone else?

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 05:15:43 PM »

Curious. Do you have any other symptoms with high estrogen besides the mucus? Heaviness, cramps, bloating, anything like that?

Milamam

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 05:15:56 PM »

Me too! Mine starts abruptly and stops abruptly, exactly 3 days in duration but very very painful , and heavy! Not like it was before I started HRT so wondering is it due to the added hormones or am I just closer to meno ??? Soo debilitating to spend 3 full days in cramps, heat pad, ibuprofen, and miserable. This last month we cancelled a weekend trip because of my cramps - I feel bad about it but what can I do! Good that hubby is understanding and supportive.

Milamam

Machair

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 09:15:02 AM »

Yes other symptoms for me are nipples soreness and a feeling almost like PMT which is the feeling I used to have just before a period begins,which is when oestrogen rises as bleeding begins. Of course it is not a period but it feels like mid cycle, and what I used to have in the hours before a bleed if you see what I mean- both when oestrogen would have been high. I feel very conscious of down there if you see what I mean and very bloated and irritated.

At the moment I am having mucus every few days with this feeling I describe above. I think it is like sunflares- surges of oestrogen in response to high FSH. Has anyone else got this or had it?

Needless to say there are no night sweats going on- just this never ending pattern of mucus at random.