Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Oh Jesus! This is getting WORSE!  (Read 15996 times)

Tempest

Re: Oh Jesus! This is getting WORSE!
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 06:06:16 PM »

Tis true, CLKD but I have to say that our local mental health services leave a LOT to be desired, so I'd actually prefer to pay a wee bit. By a 'wee bit', it's only a £5 nominal fee so I don't mind at all. And there is virtually no waiting list. I know for a fact in our area that there is an average 18 month wait for talking therapies. It's gone out of 'fashion' because it's too expensive for the NHS to provide when peddling anti depressants and mood stabilisers is so much cheaper. Sickening, but true I'm afraid! :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 09:34:38 PM »

Better than no treatment at all though  :-\.  When I had private treatment in the 1990s it was £75.00 per hour.

When I went into the NHS and required therapy it was an 18 months waiting list followed by a letter asking whether I still required it - well yes, as it happens  >:(

Tempest

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2016, 08:38:29 PM »

Hello again! Just wanted to pop in and say that I have now changed over to 1 pump am and pm. I don't want to say anything about how it's going just yet in case I jinx anything!

Off to GP tomorrow armed with the Hubby, to insist I get my hormone levels tested. I'll let you know how I get on. As you may know, sometimes you have a fight on your hands with GP's to get these tests, even if there is obviously a real need. Wish me luck!

Trufflecat

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 05:50:51 AM »

Good luck! X

Milamam

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 08:46:32 AM »

Good luck and keep us posted!
Milamam

Hurdity

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 04:34:14 PM »

Hey Tempest - let us know how you got on!

Hurdity x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 04:40:10 PM »

Hi Tempest

Very best of luck.

One of your posts mentions the feeling of the gel running....I also get that feeling too.  Along with the surges you mention - it's very good to know we're not alone.

Tempest

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 05:32:34 PM »

Hi everyone! Well, today has been hellish. I have switched for 2 days of 1 pump am and pm and my mood is so low, brain fog very bad, and  joint pains are worse. I went to IKEA with Hubby before GP appointment and I actually thought I was just going to crumple in a heap in the store a couple of times! Also, the faffing with the gel is getting me down a bit. I'm figuring I might just as well go back to 2 pumps at night as it's much less hassle as I'm actually feeling worse! I'm not changing another thing until I see my Consultant who did the surgery in 4 weeks and the Consultant at the menopause clinic in another couple of months.😢

The appointment with the GP went ok though. He didn't have anything to offer as far as advice as he said he wants to leave it to 'the hormone experts', but has agreed to test all my levels so I am booked in next Thursday for fasting tests, as he said the Testosterone needs to be done as a fasting. This is something at least!😊

Cassie

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 06:40:49 PM »

Tempest I am sorry about all you are going through & I do hope that you get sorted, but I do find the title of your discussion rather blasphemous, sorry to have to say so, but its not easy on the eye at all....just saying.... :(

Lizab

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 06:56:08 PM »

I see nothing blasphemous about calling out to Jesus during all this.

Cassie

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2016, 07:01:24 PM »

It did not come across that way Lizab but if so, I hope it helps.... :) not looking to argue just the way I read the title must be meno blues....

Tempest

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 08:20:24 PM »

I can edit it if it helps? Show me the way, and it will be done. The last thing I want to do is offend anyone.😊

Lizab

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2016, 11:01:23 PM »

I know what you mean, Cassie. I was just trying to put a positive spin on it :)

peegeetip

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2016, 03:11:00 PM »

Blasphemy is the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for (a) God(s), to religious or holy persons or sacred things, or toward something considered sacred or inviolable.

If someone can show me an insult or contempt here then please point it out. Answers on the back of a postcard as they used to say.

I see nothing other than another at the end of their tether and calling out for help.

If others want to put a spin on other ladies comments that are going through a difficult time then I suggest you discuss your issues on a religious site.

We are here for the menopause not the religion.

Thanks.
 :-*
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:13:49 PM by peegeetip »

booboo

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2016, 07:40:32 AM »

I say God, Jesus and Christ all the time -  I will probably burn in the fires of hell, but at least it will put me out of my misery..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4