Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 276507 times)

Mbrown001

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #1035 on: July 04, 2017, 07:33:07 PM »

Oxo no ...yuk ...ooo but a Bovril cube in hot water with a sprinkle of salt lol  :-*

I know, I know lol.
All I need is a Killie Pie and I'm all set  ;D

Mrs Brown

nearly50

« Reply #1036 on: July 04, 2017, 07:55:43 PM »

Killie pies banned in our house, Ayr United through and through  :)

Mbrown001

« Reply #1037 on: July 04, 2017, 08:05:28 PM »

Winton Rovers for me......well not really as I don't watch any football  ;D

I just know they sell Bovril and Killie pies at football matches..

Do you think we have perhaps lost our south of the border buddies with this   ;D ::)

Mbrown001

« Reply #1038 on: July 04, 2017, 08:05:55 PM »

Do they have an Ayr pie..... ;D

You do know we are going to have to explain what a Killie pie is.....think I will pass that to you  ;D

nearly50

« Reply #1039 on: July 04, 2017, 08:13:08 PM »

Winton Rovers for me......well not really as I don't watch any football  ;D

I just know they sell Bovril and Killie pies at football matches..

Do you think we have perhaps lost our south of the border buddies with this   ;D ::)

Think we're lost people north of Irvine to be honest.   ;)

Mbrown001

« Reply #1040 on: July 04, 2017, 08:20:30 PM »

Cuba girl is the only one that will get it I think  ;D

Mind you what is Paisleys team.
Is it St Mirren or is that Greenock....

Ok I will stop now....they will be confused enough by Killie pies.

Used to eat one of them from a paper bag when I was young  ::).....and when I worked in a very large factory in Stevenston as a student I used to serve them between two slices of white bread.....

Oh us Scots had a good diet in those days  ;D ;D

Mbrown001

« Reply #1041 on: July 04, 2017, 09:49:08 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Thought as much sparkle.

Sorry way off topic as usual.....blame me  ::)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #1042 on: July 05, 2017, 11:00:30 AM »

Haha, gone for a few hours and all hell lets loose! You ladies sound like you've just dropped down from the planet Tharg! Sparkle and Machair we need to come up with some southern delights to tempt our Scottish friends with. Hah, struggling here, there's London Pie and Mash, and jellied eels though they may be a national delight!

I loved Horlicks as a child. I remember it was one of the first hot drinks I was allowed to make. Making a cream with the powder and a teaspoon of milk before stirring in hot milk. I was talking to my mother about it yesterday and she reminded me that I used to ask for some nuts on the top. If the powder is not mixed properly it floats to the surface and creates little pockets of chewy toffee like bits, the nuts! Loved those!

How the heck did we get from heavy bleeding to Pie and Mash?  ;Dx

Machair

« Reply #1043 on: July 05, 2017, 12:51:22 PM »

I'm not Southern ER far from it- Lancashire born and bred so for me it's Eccles Cakes and Goosnargh Biscuits! Grannie was from Gloucester so her thing was Elvers- horrid these are baby eels that she used to cook alive in a pan. No good for a vegetarian like me! I'm rather partial to Haggis Neeps and Tatties- vegetarian of course preferably cooked and served at The Clachaig Inn in Glencoe by a fire in winter- utter heaven!

Don't eat many of these things these days as on low carb diet- Mediterranean mostly- Greek in particular!

nearly50

« Reply #1044 on: July 05, 2017, 01:01:36 PM »

Hmm, never heard of Goosnargh biscuits - they look good! Look a bit like Welsh cakes to me. Jellied eels do not sound good though I have to say. Going to Jersey for the first time and imagine they have some good cakes and biscuits with all that butter. My no sugar diet never lasts very long.

TheWorstWitch

« Reply #1045 on: July 05, 2017, 02:25:17 PM »

;D ;D loving this chat!

Jellied eels themselves are OK - the jelly is a bit of an acquired taste though!  :o Haggis neeps & tatties though followed by Eccles cakes - Mmmmm! I'll throw macaroni pies into the mix though... now THERE is something that you never see down south! 

Nearly50 thank you for asking - yes I am still taking it and I *think* it might be improving things a bit. Today definitely seems lighter, no question. (I said that yesterday though and then yesterday afternoon....wowee - Niagara! So maybe not speaking too soon!). Just generally feel a bit more "normal period-ish" now than the last few weeks have done, if that makes sense? Had a few days of tender boobs and that's gone too (she says having just had an experimental nudge with an arm to check!  ;D)

Machair

« Reply #1046 on: July 05, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »

Macaroni and chips is always on the Calmac ferry menu! I have had the pie you mention too!

nearly50

« Reply #1047 on: July 05, 2017, 03:00:36 PM »

TWW, that sounds promising. Niagara Falls situation is the worst - always seems to happen early afternoon for me, and I always seem to be talking to a teenager at the time (I work in a school). For me the single worst thing of this journey is the unpredictability of bleeding and the fear of a horrendous accident which would cause me to have to pick up my coat and never return to work.  ;D

I used to eat the jelly from a tin of gammon so maybe would've like jellied eels back in the day. Some people think pizza and pineapple don't go together, but for me it is is pastry and pasta - do not understand macaroni pies at all!

Mbrown001

« Reply #1048 on: July 05, 2017, 03:19:25 PM »

Oh I can't get on with Macaroni pies at all. Just doesn't seem right somehow.

Anyone remember haslet. I haven't seen it for sale anywhere I don't think. Never liked it though so why it sprung to mind is anyone's guess  ::)

Another thing I don't like is chips n cheese.....no no no

Jellied eels are just wrong  :o ;D

Elizabethrose

« Reply #1049 on: July 05, 2017, 09:53:56 PM »

Well this is a first ladies, we've never discussed food here, especially weird local foods!!

I love jellied eels, love eels in all their guises, stewed, smoked, grilled, I even love the jelly! I've only ever eaten elvers in Portugal where they are considered a seasonal delicacy. I had no idea that the Scots ate pasta pie but I have eaten this in Italy. The outer pastry case was like a hot water shortcrust filled with a very rich meaty sauce with beef and chicken livers and tomatoes, garlic, onions and herbs and tubes like penne. Most odd to have double the carbs but utterly delicious. I suppose they eat potato pies in Lancashire so what's not to like?

To be honest, I eat virtually anything, I only loathe kidneys, really can't even pretend to manage those.

On the way back from the hosp with hubby yesterday I popped into an Asda store to buy some milk, never been in one before but the customer in front of me was buying haslet so it must still exist. We ate it as children but Lordy knows what it's made of, I seem to remember it tasting like sliced stuffing. Probably pork with herbs then. Sparkle spam was sent by the devil, do you not remember those truly ghastly spam fritters that were served as school lunches? They were like bath sponges filled with oil!  :barf:

Mrs B who the heck eats chips with cheese, is that a thing?  :boobs:

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 76