Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 271955 times)

Justjules

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #615 on: February 08, 2017, 04:38:52 PM »

So glad you are ok Sparkle and the mindfulness sounds very calming.

Adrenaline rushes occur for me as part of ME as I have orthostatic intolerance, but they tend to be when I stand for long periods, but this was different as it was much more upper chest area and also lasted only for 2 minutes and was lying down. I think the two conditions are interacting- ME and the menopause, so I am not sure I will ever really be sure what is what. The main thing with ME is that it is often worse about 20 minutes after being upright- no good in a supermarket as I will crash in the second aisle- and have been known to sit on the floor!

Still on we go and see what today brings.

Machair

That sounds exactly what I am experiencing at the moment - horrible wave up through chest and down arms.  Comes on mainly as soon as I get up and about in the mornings and I feel a bit 'floaty' just before it starts and think I need to sit down.  I have had them quite a lot lately even just talking to someone or had one when walking the other day which frightened the life out of me and I shot off to the Drs to get checked and of course, as usual, said it was anxiety!  I also can't stand for long as I feel like I will keel over.  Wondering whether I could have a form of ME as I'm so low on energy and stamina and no upper body strength etc.  But on reading about it the other day, I didn't really have all the symptoms but it's so frustrating to feel so under par all the time and not able to do what everybody else is doing.  I hope you feel better soon. x

At least you have the Vagifem so you can decide when the time is right to try it. Are you have day time flushes?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #616 on: February 08, 2017, 07:03:04 PM »

Sparkle I've skinny arms and legs too, mine is just on my trunk, mostly around my middle. I'm beginning to look like a weeble!!

Your description of your flushes is exactly how mine started out last March/April, ****ling up the face then heat from the chest up. The only place I sweat is a square inch between my breasts (why there??) and I get a few ****les around my hair line. At night I'm hot all over thus the duvet being slung off and dragged on when I've cooled down. It is a wonky thermostat!!

nearly50, it sounds like you've sensibly logicised the job situation: follow the dream when you retire or when another wonderful vacancy occurs right opposite that fab view of yours!! I have a serious hankering to live by the sea, trouble is I love London too, but that's just me being greedy!!

xx

nearly50

« Reply #617 on: February 10, 2017, 12:13:34 PM »

Haha, I relaxed my stomach while looking in the mirror this morning and could easily pass for being pregnant. My waist is as small as ever so it all looks really stupid. A weeble does spring to mind  ;D

Slept for 7 hours straight last night - a minor miracle! Hoping for the same tonight, very sad when that's what I look forward to on a Friday!!  How's everyone else's sleep been? And how are migraines, stomach issues? My stomach's randomly sore but still can't work out triggers at all as one day it is fine, the next it isn't.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #618 on: February 19, 2017, 04:19:14 PM »

Hello, ladies how are you all?

Sparkle, I read one of your posts about you finding the Mindfulness course really helpful. I'm so pleased for you: my daughter found it hugely helpful too, allowing her to put everything into perspective. When she starts feeling low, she either starts applying her exercises or rings me to moan and I remind her to pull out her notes. Brilliant stuff!

Machair, what's happening, did you have a bleed?

nearly50, anything to report?

166 days today and still no hormone change, think my ovaries exploded from overuse at some point last year!! It's weird, because I now have absolutely no expectation of a bleed which is a total turnaround with my history. xxx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #619 on: February 19, 2017, 04:59:54 PM »

Oh you sound really upbeat and positive, I'm really happy for you!! Never a bad thing to have a full blood MOT occasionally. Your flushing really sounds like how mine kicked off last year, softly softly at first, I hardly realised what they were. The way I looked at it was that they were a step in the right direction even if they were a pain in the neck!

I have bumpy fingers too, though my mother doesn't. I really found that the Osteocare plus glucosamine and chondroitin helped with my general aches etc especially in my hands, my right hand was quite grim. I have some huge cooking pans which I batch cook in and I was finding lifting them really tricky. No probs with that at the moment though. Sadly nothing helps with my back apart from the exercises.

How are your daughters finding the course, are they finding it helpful too? Given the absurd pressures put on the young nowadays I think mindfulness should be part of every schools curriculum. It's not rocket science it wouldn't be difficult to teach but I think the benefits would be huge. Food for thought!

Lots of love to you x
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:18:47 AM by Elizabethrose »

nearly50

« Reply #620 on: February 19, 2017, 05:21:53 PM »

Pleased to hear you both sound well.

Sparkle, great Mindfulness is suiting you. I have bought a couple of books for my school library and will be encouraging pupils to use them. Might see if I can find some posters which might help too, we're all a bit too cynical for my liking in my library!

ER, 166 days means your menopause party should be in September - woohoo. Something to celebrate.

I'm feeling quite good, no stomach pains for the past few days after a week of bloating and feeling as if a period was impending. Maybe it still is, but am 48 days since the last one so just pleased if they will continue to space out. I try to take iron tablets for a few days every other week and it will be good to stop taking them. On that note, do you think I can ask my doctor for a blood test purely to find out where my ferritin levels are, or do they really only do this if there's a problem? Feels like a bit of a cheek when it is just for my information.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #621 on: February 19, 2017, 05:36:03 PM »

I've had a brilliant 2 months when I count out my Triptan days so am really thrilled. Had the lurgy (yep it finally came out!) last couple of days which included a headache and of course that turned into migraines BUT all still a million billion times better than before. I feel very very positive about it!! Haha, flushes when you have a temperature and a migraine are not to be recommended!! :hotflash:

It took a couple of months for me to see an improvement with the Osteocare but I feel absolutely sure it's made a difference. Forgot to take them to Cornwall and 2 weeks without them definitely made a difference. I'm going to continue with them for sure! Persevere!

Still no sign of any oestrogen changes? Have you started the Vagifem? I had a bit of a blip with the VA in Paris, and became sore. My husband is a man with a mission and doesn't stop for a second and we really were ridiculously busy. Think I was overtired, brewing the lurgy, jeans too tight, very rich foods and walking for hours on end. All very ****ly down there!  :o

Did some saline washes on return and all calmer now thank goodness. Speaking to a friend the other day who said that hers just started very suddenly too. She's a lot younger than me but said that when her oestrogen activity stopped the dryness very suddenly kicked in. It's amazing isn't it! Who knew! x

HI nearly50, all sounding very good with you too! Given that you bleed so heavily it's something the doc should consider but do you have symptoms of low iron? I suppose if you are going to the GP for something, discuss and maybe get an MOT done if you haven't for a while. My docs are brilliant and insist on regular updates whenever they get their mitts on me. They have a few question marks at the moment and are watching me. Nothing sinister I'm fine, but just keeping a beady eye!! x

nearly50

« Reply #622 on: February 19, 2017, 05:42:27 PM »

Hi ER, all sounding good then :)

I definitely don't have low iron at the moment, but I want to get ferritin up to 50 or 60 as that is supposed to be optimal even though doctors would be happy with 15. I think I'll get a private test, as not really right to use NHS resources for such things.

Finding work easier too as I feel a lot more motivated. I work alone and there are a lot of tasks I've not put my full energies into over the last few years. Well I have, but I haven't had full energy!

Hoping this isn't just the eye of the tornado, but even if it is I'm making the most of feeling more with it.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #623 on: February 19, 2017, 05:49:53 PM »

Good, you sound really positive too, must be something in the water!!  ;D

With my history I've learnt to grab the bull by the horns. When the going is good I charge at everything full pelt and take full advantage before I'm struck down again!! Make the best of everything!

If you feel happier about your job, you'll be better motivated, then happier, it's a can't lose situation. Good luck to you!! x

Machair

« Reply #624 on: February 19, 2017, 05:59:59 PM »

Hello ladies,

Glad you are all doing well.

No bleed for me ER despite feeling like one was going to happen for a week between 6th and 11th Feb, but the feeling faded to nothing overnight on 12th. I think it was high oestrogen and not PMT as we discussed before. So day 44 and counting! I think I will have a bleed soon though as have had many days of high oestrogen since the last one, though not every day. What a journey!

Machair

« Reply #625 on: February 19, 2017, 07:20:18 PM »

Hi Sparkle,

Yes thank you feeling ok at the moment. I really hope we are on the last part of this journey now. Are you having any oestrogen signs like mucus or PMT or are you leaving all that behind now? Do you think you will have any more periods?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #626 on: February 20, 2017, 09:03:56 AM »

Machair, whilst I know it doesn't feel like it now, it is good news. Your oestrogen is roller-coastering because it's unable to stimulate any viable follicles and your FSH must be very high to keep trying. You may not have a bleed, your loss has been minimal for a long time now. Hang on in there girl - you may beat all of us yet!! xx

Machair

« Reply #627 on: February 20, 2017, 09:06:56 AM »

Thank you ER and Sparkle for your lovely replies. I am so happy for you both that you are in a good place.Sparkle that sounds absolutely brilliant to be stable and positive- hope for me yet!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #628 on: February 20, 2017, 12:37:16 PM »

:rofl:     
So glad I'm not married to you!  ;)                                             

Elizabethrose

« Reply #629 on: February 20, 2017, 12:47:33 PM »

Unlike me then, I've always been a little  :diablo:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76