Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 271975 times)

Machair

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #600 on: February 05, 2017, 05:42:24 PM »

ER probably 16 days. Who knows now though what will happen! I know I might just be in the oestrogen roller coaster that you experienced.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #601 on: February 07, 2017, 10:20:27 AM »

How are you today Machair, any change? x

Machair

« Reply #602 on: February 07, 2017, 10:50:02 AM »

Hello ER
 I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were too. How are your migraines? If I wasn't peri I would say a period would start any minute now - PMT is terrible! Muzzy head, bad mood, irritated, bloated, restless sleep etc! However it could be high oestrogen, as that has been going on again for the last 3 days after that quiet 2 week period of calm.
Who knows but I could make the oldest lady on here still going through it all!

Do you feel you are well and truly over the other side, and did you ever wonder like me if it would ever end?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #603 on: February 07, 2017, 11:26:45 AM »

Next few days will tell Machair, is it 14 today? You're right though, those symptoms fit both at this stage in our lives. Such a pain in the butt!

I do feel I'm over the other side. Whilst I was hoping this last year with the 6 month cycle, it does feel different this time, hormones completely flat. I did however frequently think that it would never end, with a peri the length of mine it's hardly surprising. It's important to try to stay upbeat about it. THIS WILL END!

Migraine today, though really can't complain as all's been very much calmer. Knew it was brewing last night, whacky prodrome symptoms all evening and couldn't sleep on either side of my head through the night. Not the end of the world, tucked up in sitting room with blinds and curtains closed: typically it's clear skies with very bright sunshine here today and I'm impersonating a vampire!  :bat:

Off to see daughter on Friday for a long weekend so hoping I'm able to bat this off today as have a long to do list.

Keep your pecker up sweetie!! x

Machair

« Reply #604 on: February 07, 2017, 11:42:30 AM »

Yes ER 14 days since the last day of that long stretch of mucus finished and the 2 week of calm followed. Day 32 cycle length. If this was a few years ago I would say it would start any minute now so it very well might.

Have a wonderful time with your daughter. I hope the migraine clears soon. Thinking of you.x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #605 on: February 08, 2017, 08:56:50 AM »

Good morning Sparkle, so much better today, thanks for asking!! It only got up to about a 6 yesterday but it was one of the wipe-out ones when I just have to sit it out. Woke about ten minutes ago having slept right through the night!  :hapij:   Isn't it amazing how we are so easily pleased nowadays!

Everything is just ticking over here; far fewer and less severe migraines and flushes, still difficult to get through the night though and almost reverting to the medieval 'two sleeps'. The palpitations and adrenaline surges are not so apparent and the Vagifem is working a treat. Phew what more could a gal want for in life?!! 

How are you doing, are you feeling well? Have you started your Vagifem and mindfulness course? How's the increased diet going, has it made a difference? Oh, so many questions!!

How are you too, nearly50? When's the interview?

Blimey, I feel punch drunk after that long uninterrupted sleep, it happens so rarely! Tons to do today so I'm hoping too much sleep won't cause a rebound. Off on Friday to see daughter. Really excited but we have a very full schedule with tons planned so am hoping I won't be struck down.

Machair, are you still hanging on in?

xxx                       
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:20:44 AM by Elizabethrose »

Machair

« Reply #606 on: February 08, 2017, 09:26:25 AM »

Hello ladies. So glad you are feeling better ER- how are things Sparkle?

Well yes ER I am still chugging on but last night I had a massive adrenaline surge about 3 hours after I went to bed. Woke up in a panic sweating and felt horrid- lasted about 2 minutes. Possibly a night sweat, but more about adrenaline than anything else- even made my tummy gurgle which was really horrid. Is this how yours are when you have night sweats? Managed to calm myself down and went back to sleep rather fitfully. All change again.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #607 on: February 08, 2017, 09:36:47 AM »

It could be that you've had an oestrogen fall and the period is coming. I don't get the feeling of panic or churning tummy that lots of women get with them. I wake totally and very suddenly, never remember that it may be a flush coming, and it can be minutes before the flush devours me. I feel very calm throughout - just totally awake!!

See what the day brings xx

Machair

« Reply #608 on: February 08, 2017, 11:41:38 AM »

So glad you are ok Sparkle and the mindfulness sounds very calming.

Adrenaline rushes occur for me as part of ME as I have orthostatic intolerance, but they tend to be when I stand for long periods, but this was different as it was much more upper chest area and also lasted only for 2 minutes and was lying down. I think the two conditions are interacting- ME and the menopause, so I am not sure I will ever really be sure what is what. The main thing with ME is that it is often worse about 20 minutes after being upright- no good in a supermarket as I will crash in the second aisle- and have been known to sit on the floor!

Still on we go and see what today brings.

At least you have the Vagifem so you can decide when the time is right to try it. Are you have day time flushes?

nearly50

« Reply #609 on: February 08, 2017, 12:11:59 PM »

Great to hear you slept through the night ER - good to hear it is possible! Have a great time in Paris!

I am fine, only really had a burning ear/neck for the past few days so feel things are much calmer. I've only had 1 period in 4 months - I would normally have had about 5 or 6 so good to give my body a rest! Hoping the worst is over, when I think of how I felt this time last year, or the year before, things were very different.

As for interview, have withdrawn after sitting down writing a list of pros and cons. Would be daft to take a 25% pay cut under any circumstances so moving back to the coast will remain a pipe dream for now. Work's been full of drama recently so hoping for a quieter time all round.

Machair

« Reply #610 on: February 08, 2017, 12:22:15 PM »

Wonderful news nearly50 it may be the home straight for you!

Fantastic ER a night without waking up- amazing!

nearly50

« Reply #611 on: February 08, 2017, 12:50:35 PM »

Wonderful news nearly50 it may be the home straight for you!

Fantastic ER a night without waking up- amazing!

Hope so, and that I'm not in the eye of the tornado ;)
I think you know your body though, don't you and there was a definite shift in August last year. If this phase takes a couple of years, so be it - just feeling there's light at the end of the tunnel is good enough at the moment.

nearly50

« Reply #612 on: February 08, 2017, 01:22:42 PM »

Nearly50 - have you see any other jobs you think you might apply for or will you stay where you are for now? 

S x

No, staying where I am at the moment. Think it is the safest haven while all these cut backs are taking place. Will retire to the coast instead I think!

Machair

« Reply #613 on: February 08, 2017, 01:24:01 PM »

What are they like Sparkle - does your heart pound when they start and do they affect your tummy or is it a rush of heat?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #614 on: February 08, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »

Well ladies on the surface all appears tickety-boo for all of us! We're just waiting now to see if you have a period Machair!!

I do think the Vagifem is making a difference Sparkle. Out to dinner with pals the other evening, two medics present, and they agree that with my super sensitivity to hormone change that I'm probably right. The flushes have been greatly reduced and I suspect that it's also affecting my weight. I've put on about half a stone since Nov and I'm someone who never puts on weight.

Spent six weeks in California once and didn't put on an ounce!! Every PCP tried made me gain weight fast though I was forced to stop all of them because of side effects. I gained four stone with my first pregnancy, and despite virtually strapping my mouth up, three and a half with my next. I was a laughing stock especially as I'd always been really skinny. HRT was a nightmare with side effects and I started piling on the pounds almost immediately. As soon as I stopped the HRT the weight literally fell off me, a stone and a half in about four weeks without cutting back! I'm sure one of the HRT all singing and dancing brigade will drop by to insist that it's not possible for Vagifem to do this, but I'm sure it is. I've cut back my food intake dramatically since Christmas, and I'm very switched on regarding nutrition, and I'm losing nothing. I've been wearing size 10 Levis since 1994 and boy I'm struggling to get into them at the moment! Jeez, sore fanny or Bessie Bunter, what a choice!!

Haha, well whatever, I'm certainly not going to choose the sore fanny so I'm going to have to attack the weight gain with exercise too so that's my plan after Paris.

I'll watch this space Machair, let us know how you get along! xxx

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76