Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 271743 times)

Machair

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #555 on: January 25, 2017, 09:32:15 AM »

I think HRT for some women is an absolute godsend. I also thing Vagifem is too and I am sure I will be first in the queue for this when dryness begins. I think however that, as ER says, it is a really difficult path for us as we are often guessing as to what is causing the problems and for some women symptoms are less clear.
 I don't think too much oestrogen made naturally like I do is a good thing either, and it might be protecting bones and heart but making cancers more likely.
Whatever else comes out of this forum and of medicine and research generally into menopause, one thing is for sure there is a massive difference between women and the way they go through the process- some simply sail through- I am sure these ladies have the optimum hormonal shift, whereas others are very different. At least on here we can find kindred spirits and that has been so valued and appreciated by me.xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #556 on: January 26, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »

Ladies I thought I'd give you an update.

Spent the whole day at the hospital today being prodded and poked and all is well, well as far as the heart is concerned. It would seem they'd thought I had an enlarged heart (!?). The first ECG done showed abnormalities, so was sent to cardiology unit. ECG was repeated first thing and again indicated a problem so bloods were done followed by all sorts of other tests. Released at about 5pm with the brilliant news that all was completely well with the old ticker but still don't know what the chest tightness and heaviness is, so it'll be off to another dept for that.

I really think it's my lungs, either an asthma blip or a rumbling chest infection. The consultant did say that a mild infection wouldn't show up on the X-ray, only pneumonia would. It was at it's worst over Christmas, and restricted my walking etc. I think I've been battling a bug of sorts. However, it's back to the GP first stop!

Thank you all so much for your kindness, concern and good wishes xxxx

Menomale

« Reply #557 on: January 26, 2017, 07:31:02 PM »

Good news ER! Or at least it's not bad news... diagnosis is tricky. I haven't been able to read or post lately because my macbook crashed so I am not aware of what was happening, any other symptoms other then chest thightness and heaviness? xxx

Machair

« Reply #558 on: January 26, 2017, 07:49:41 PM »

ER that is fantastic news and so good you were seen so quickly. You deserve to have a lovely time now with no medical appointments or tests and to sit back and smell the roses. How are the migraines? My son had one yesterday and had to go home from work. He is prone to them and has had 4 so far in his life.

nearly50

« Reply #559 on: January 26, 2017, 08:18:13 PM »

Good news ER,  you must be exhausted after all that. You definitely deserve a break,  and at least you know you've had a good MOT.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #560 on: January 27, 2017, 07:50:48 AM »

Thank you ladies   :thankyou:

Menomale, heaviness and tightness started in late Nov, early Dec, through my chest and into my back. It's not pain, just feels as if I'm being compressed. It was very uncomfortable over the Christmas period, I was exhausted and it definitely restricted me physically, we were away and I couldn't do the long haul walking I usually do. I don't tend to develop colds etc: the glands under my arms swell which is a usual sign that I'm fighting whatever is ravaging those around me. Glands were up and down throughout Dec.

Whilst not as bad now, it's still a constant, some days worse than others. I was convinced it was my lungs but my asthma inhaler, which I rarely have to use but always works instantly, just hasn't done anything. I'm not sure whether I've had an asthma flare or whether I have a low lying lung infection. I'll speak to GP next week, she's back in on Monday.

Machair, I feel sorry for your boy, mine too suffers with the dreaded migs and has had a run of them recently. It doesn't help that he has a hugely stressful career and a massively social life too, he never takes time out to chill!

Love to you all x

Menomale

« Reply #561 on: January 27, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »

HI ER,

I had those same symptoms many yars ago (when I was starting peri) and that was most likely a digestive issue (acid reflux and aerophagia). I couldn't bear wearing bras!
Swelling glands is another matter, this is definetely some immune system issue, like infection, strange body or toxin. Have you had that investigated? (Silly menobrain, you'll see your gp... keep posting)

xxx
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:06:12 PM by Menomale »

Machair

« Reply #562 on: January 27, 2017, 05:11:03 PM »

Sparkle have you ever considered that your digestive issues are in fact ME symptoms? They are at the core of my illness and are related to post exertion and orthostatic intolerance. The more I do the worse my digestion becomes. Rest improves it, but of course this is tricky to get in modern life. Overdoing it causes a flare which is always IBS related, and often the upper gut protests the most. To give TMI food passes through undigested.I get bloating and in extreme relapses diarrhea and urgency- thankfully not too often but it can be horrific and always when I push myself too far with exercise or activity.I know we have so much difficulty working out what is ME and what is not, but many books I have do mention these symptoms as being part of the disease. I meant to add too that my temp goes haywire too in relapses- it drops a lot to 35 or less.x
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:13:20 PM by Machair »

Machair

« Reply #563 on: January 27, 2017, 07:45:14 PM »

I am not too bad thank you Sparkle - not much happening with my cycle for the last 2 days oestrogen has dropped. ME not good though so having to be careful. How are you meno wise?

Machair

« Reply #564 on: January 27, 2017, 08:22:58 PM »

Not sure Sparkle but I have been overdoing things recently so that doesn't help.x

Machair

« Reply #565 on: January 27, 2017, 09:48:57 PM »

Sadly no problems with Mum and Dad again both very ill - Mum especially. Hope all is well with you and all the ladies in our later menopause group!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #566 on: January 28, 2017, 12:07:36 AM »

Just got in and read your responses ladies, I'm so sorry Machair, you must be exhausted. I hope things calm for you all xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #567 on: January 28, 2017, 12:15:05 AM »

Sparkle and Menomale, I really don't think it's acid reflux etc. I rarely have a problem with that, only if I eat very badly like in Cornwall in October, when you girls offered advice with the Gaviscon. This definitely feels like it's my lungs, almost the same as the after effects of an asthma attack but with more pressure in my chest and back. Who knows, I sure as heck don't, I'll wait to see what the doc thinks. Given the ECG results I feel sure she thought it was my heart.

Thanks ladies, trouble is that peri/meno symptoms are so wide ranging that they could probably encompass anything!!

Sleep tight all xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #568 on: January 28, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »

Hi Sparkle

Woke feeling slightly coldy this morning. A little blocked up, fuzzy head, slight sore throat and the chest is tight. I wonder if, whatever I've been fighting actually develops, it might clear the lung thingy away! Seems to have gone on for so long that I would have to have been fighting a succession of things though. Who knows, I'm not anxious about it and not in pain but think it would be sensible to seek an answer.

Hope you're well today xx

coldethyl

« Reply #569 on: January 28, 2017, 08:29:05 PM »

When I had costochondritis it started as a feeling of pressure at first  like I had a too tight bra on and couldn't quite take a decent breath . Eventually it got more painful - I'd had a mild virus and that set it off and the dr at PCAS centre said that was quite common.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 76