Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 271709 times)

nearly50

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #510 on: January 19, 2017, 03:00:43 PM »

Thanks sparkle, have one back. Good to have you all for reassurance.

Hope your pains go away soon and don't come to anything

Machair

« Reply #511 on: January 19, 2017, 03:03:46 PM »

Sparkle I really feel for you. It is so unsettling not knowing if this is the last period or not. Have you had any mucus since the brown discharge? That could give you a clue as to what your oestrogen levels are doing and if you are likely to get a bleed.Not exact science I know but maybe a clue.x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #512 on: January 19, 2017, 03:05:13 PM »

Oh bloody hell Sparkle, you'd had a much better week!! Frigging hormones!

Yep it's about 4 weeks since your 'bleed' but you haven't mentioned any mucus at all this month, maybe this is just your body 'going through the motions'. I've done this countless times in my long cycles, get the pelvic ache, sore breasts, feel ready to bleed but nothing happens. Even if it comes it may be that you'll quickly feel better afterwards.

Did you not use the Vagifem? Were you worrying about using it if you are about to bleed?

I hope you're not having a rubbishy day now. xx  :foryou:

Elizabethrose

« Reply #513 on: January 19, 2017, 05:48:01 PM »

You know what I'm like, the mere thought of a hormone is enough to set one off and yet the Vagifem really hasn't caused a migraine problem. A couple of migraine auras at the end of the second week but nothing since. Yes those applicators look worrying but I certainly do not insert the whole wretched thing!!  :o

I hope you feel more comfortable now that the headache has eased and that you have a chilled evening. I'm ironing - eat your heart out!! Looks like the leaning tower of Pisa here and that's the un-ironed pile!! xx

Machair

« Reply #514 on: January 19, 2017, 06:02:39 PM »

I would rather do anything than iron a shirt - wait no the dentist is worse!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #515 on: January 19, 2017, 06:41:25 PM »

Sshh, don't tell anyone, but I've just ironed 23 of hubbies shirts (haha and there are still more in the pile!!), I'm clearly a slovenly slut for letting things mount up!!  ;) One thing's for sure he's going to think Santa's been here when he opens his wardrobe tomorrow!  ;D

Menomale

« Reply #516 on: January 19, 2017, 06:48:21 PM »

ER, you're amazing! How lucky is your hubby! No wonder I'm not married.. I can't iron men's shirts!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #517 on: January 19, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »

Helloooooo Menomale, how lovely to hear from you!! I like to remind him on a daily basis how amazing I am and also how lucky he is that I deigned to marry him!  ;)

How are you, what's new? What's happening with your cycle? xx

Menomale

« Reply #518 on: January 19, 2017, 07:09:39 PM »

Ha ha, you sound like a lovely couple!

Thanks for asking! Today it's not a good day, I'm afraid, but nothing to do with my cycle... I'm not sure I still have one! ::)
I'm trying Estradot 25 µg but feeling awful with morning anxiety (actually is has escalated to morning terror  :o), huge family catastrophe (won't go into details, no one deserves to read this) and right now my head is reacting to the electrical storm outside, migraine coming awwww

Elizabethrose

« Reply #519 on: January 19, 2017, 07:25:12 PM »

Oh I'm sorry you're feeling grim. I remember we talked previously about the morning anxiety and the adrenal rush. Did you ever try the slow release carb at bedtime to try to maintain overnight blood sugar levels? It still works for me though the flushes aren't as bad as they once were, they seem to be morphing!

I had a very interesting conversation with our practice nurse who was giving me an ECG the other day. I had a hot flush whilst it was being done and the adrenal rush that precedes them actually registered on the monitor reading. Haha, pulse rate went flying! No wonder these rushes give us the heebie jeebies!

Remember, there are lots of ladies who care for you here, so if you want to share your problems we're all here to support you. A problem shared is a problem halved!!

I know you can't get the Triptans BUT if you can take aspirin, take 3 now with a fizzy glucose drink, it might abort the mig before it builds further! Good luck! x

Menomale

« Reply #520 on: January 19, 2017, 08:03:13 PM »

Thanks again ER (Emergency Room,  ;D)

I used to take aspirin (1mg was enough to abort the headache) but it gives me heavy bruising all over the body and probably internal bleeds too  :( , all docs said no to aspirin and similar drugs. I also live in an endemic area of dengue fever (and now zika and chikungunya) and all acetylsalicylic based drugs (or any other that disrupts platelets) are forbidden. I'm with an iced pack on top of head now, it seems to help.

Hopefully the fovatriptan will be available here soon!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #521 on: January 19, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »

Oh blimey, I'm sorry Menomale, I don't know what else could work for you. Hopefully the icepack will help. Have an easy evening, don't push yourself too hard x

Menomale

« Reply #522 on: January 19, 2017, 08:43:40 PM »

Thanks dear, I'm taking it easy, since I also don't know what else to do . Actually since last Tuesday (awful event with my father) I am feeling numb, except for early mornings when panic strikes and my mind is filled with all sorts of terrors...

Menomale

« Reply #523 on: January 20, 2017, 02:28:10 AM »

Thank you so much, sparkle. I am in the middle of a hurricane, I thought things were calming down but it seems I was just momentarily in the eye of the monster, now I'm fully back in the storm!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #524 on: January 20, 2017, 07:54:57 AM »

Oh Menomale, I'm really sorry to hear things are so grim at the moment. Try to take one day at a time, hour by hour: you'll get through it, we are hugely resilient when we have to be. I really wish you well. xx

ER, yep that's me!!  :stretcher: (I'm the one taking a ride!)

Sparkle, forget the medal: a new handbag, shoes, now we're talking!!  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 76