Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 271707 times)

Roseneath

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #1125 on: August 05, 2017, 09:52:50 AM »

Thanks for the bump of thread Sparkle. Can you be my tech adviser please?! I am sure you are a very Sparkly person in real life as you are very helpful.

Roseneath

« Reply #1126 on: August 06, 2017, 03:45:39 PM »

Thanks for this. Very interesting. I m glad others find Mucus on their brain as much as I do. If I had a £1 every time I peer or prod at my mucus post pee I would be a very rich women. I must be lightening up because sometime I even to try ' front fart' it out in the bath then watch it swirl around. Maybe there is a market for a competitive game of this nature on the web somewhere. I have always failed to make anyone in the medical profession at all excited by my mid cycle brown mucus; even though I use a lot of description and over exaggerate the amount a little. I regailed a poor Brazilian gyne who was doing my Colposcopy with a vivid account of it until he looked up from his 'work'  said ' I am sorry madam, my job stops at cervix, I do not do mucus'. So to read so much on it Sparkle is a real delight at last!

Machair

« Reply #1127 on: August 15, 2017, 03:43:09 PM »

How are we all doing ladies?
I am battling sinus and ear issues! Been rather deaf in one ear and very sinusy for a couple of weeks. No infection as no raised temperature. Suffer with hay fever so think it is connected. Anyone else get more sinus and ear issues in peri? Seems to be improving slowly so not going to the doctor as doubt antibiotics are required.
Last period April so the clock is ticking!

Machair

« Reply #1128 on: August 15, 2017, 08:33:19 PM »

Holiday was lovely thank you Sparkle.
Mucus stopped for 2 weeks but is back.
How are you doing any sign of oestrogen at all?

Machair

« Reply #1129 on: August 17, 2017, 01:50:39 PM »

Ear infection raging- now on antibiotics.
How are you today Sparkle?

Machair

« Reply #1130 on: November 27, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »

I agree Sparkle what a great idea. I know this used to worry me a lot. What I have learned over the years if it will help anyone is this. Any bleeding that is not mid cycle and isn't following high oestrogen signs such as PMT or increased vaginal mucus several days before needs medical checking. So does bleeding after intercourse. However ladies should not panic as many bleeding patterns occur in this time of transition, and so with this knowledge advice can be sought calmly without panic. Also keeping records is vital as memory fades with time and it is helpful to chart and look back.

Finally what I have also seen many times is that the final periods are often very light and more like spotting. One of my friends went 10 months, had one period, then had a pink spot 2 months later, then nothing ever again so her last period was just one pink spot.Everyone is different.

So I would say check anything that worries you with a doctor especially random spotting or bleeding after intercourse but keep calm.

It would be so lovely if more ladies could chart their final periods on here to help others who are worrying.

Conolly

« Reply #1131 on: November 27, 2018, 10:34:37 AM »

Copied from another thread on the same issue.

Hello ladies,
My last periods were quite turbulent. I had very heavy periods lasting 8-15 days. Then they changed to a very odd pattern. I'd bleed for 4-5 days and after 2-3 days I would have another bleeding for 4-5 days. At the time I had the feeling that something was blocking my uterus and dividing it into two sections. Later on I found out I had 2 small polyps and 5 big fibroids, so they could be the culprit for these bleeding patterns. After a couple of years I would not bleed for 3 months and have a seriously heavy bleeding for 20 days. I persevered without hormone replacement or invasive procedures for about one year, always checking for anaemia. Then the 3 months became 6 months without bleeding, then 10 months, then 12 months, menopause party (I wish). My perimenopause symptoms have lasted for about 10 years and now 2 years postmeno I still have hormone fluctuations, so menopause is the cessation of periods, period. All the other symptoms linger on.

Conolly X

Machair

« Reply #1132 on: November 27, 2018, 10:39:21 AM »

Hi Conolly.

That is so helpful thank you so much for posting. I agree hormone fluctuations still occur even after periods have finished - how do they affect you? I was expecting to be free from them but I have days where I feel very hormonal- sometimes, though less often, I have increased vaginal mucus, my breasts swell and I feel as if I am going to ovulate but no bleeding. Night sweats haven't started yet either.

Conolly

« Reply #1133 on: November 27, 2018, 10:58:32 AM »

Hello Machair,

I wasn't aware of the hormonal fluctuations post-menopause until I had one symptom that used to plague me in my 20's, sore and swollen armpits and breasts, particularly the left one. I thought that was just a sign of systemic inflammation but now I recognise the pattern, a slight increase in mucus and overall energy and then an increase in hot flushes and the energy goes down the drain. The only sign of ovulation in my fertile days was an increased libido and the swollen armpits/breasts.

Conolly X

Machair

« Reply #1134 on: November 27, 2018, 11:03:04 AM »

That is so interesting and it just illustrates so well how things just don't stop post meno, there is still some hormonal activity, just not enough to trigger ovulation at least in some women for quite a while after periods stop.I am certainly in that category! Do you get these symptoms monthly or less often? I wondered if younger women get them but I am not in that category as I have had a late menopause!

Conolly

« Reply #1135 on: November 27, 2018, 11:10:10 AM »

They are utterly erratic and unpredictable. I think my ovaries or what's left of them have gone haywire  ;D
Conolly X

Machair

« Reply #1136 on: November 27, 2018, 11:35:50 AM »

Me too!

Conolly

« Reply #1137 on: November 27, 2018, 02:19:18 PM »

Hello sparkle,

I can say that things have calmed down dramatically 2 years post-menopause. Peri can be a dangerous time. Anything is possible. One minute you feel extra sexy, next minute you're suicidal. Spotting, staining, heavy clots, watery or thick mucus, it's a roller coaster.

Conolly X

Machair

« Reply #1138 on: May 03, 2019, 09:35:41 AM »

Hi

I don't think anyone can say if this is normal or not as you would need to seek medical advice for clarification.
I had this during perimenopause but you are 30 months on from your last period.It isn't unusual to have further episodes up to 2 years after your final bleed, but you are a little outside this window. What age are you now? Have you felt any other signs of oestrogen activity in the time that has passed since you went through menopause or is this out of the blue?
I didn't have any pain at all with my episodes - I would be inclined to mention it to the doctor just to check all is well if you are worried. I did notice from one of your other posts that you mentioned having sporadic surges of oestrogen from time to time despite low oestrogen blood tests, so many be you are still having some residual activity.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 09:38:29 AM by Machair »

Machair

« Reply #1139 on: May 04, 2019, 05:01:14 PM »

Well if you mention it to your gynae it would be lovely if you could let us know what she says, as I certainly have had this, and I know it worried me a lot and other ladies also had as well. I think for some of us levels of oestrogen don't seem to drop as fully or as quickly as you might expect and we have symptoms on and off for a long time.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]