Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: GP offered testosterone injection  (Read 5053 times)

Mommarv

GP offered testosterone injection
« on: May 04, 2016, 08:46:50 PM »

Hi I have already posted in here that my GP started me on Livial just over three weeks ago. So far so good and I'm definitely seeing an improvement in many aspects but libido still non existent 😳  When I discussed HRT with GP she suggested either Testosterone injection which she could give there or then or starting on Livial tablets. i didn't ask any questions about the Testosterone injection as I wasn't keen on having it put into my system now knowing how I would react so chose the Livial as I could at least choose to stop them if I had bad side effects. I'm now wondering if I could have had both together? Would be grateful for further advice cx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: GP offered testosterone injection
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 09:49:44 PM »

I didn't think that testosterone is offered in the UK  :-\.

Mommarv

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 09:56:18 PM »

I was new to all of this and it is only now that I'm getting to grips with all the different treatments etc I thought I'd look at the alternative she offered me and can't find anything about it apart from on US sites! The practice nurse also mentioned when she originally took my bloods that GP would probably offer me an injection but she didn't say what!  I'm getting really curious now!🤔

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 10:01:36 PM »

Oh do find out more  ;D.  I would have thought (and someone will be along I'm sure if I'm wrong) that testosterone requires regular application  ???

Kate50

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 10:08:13 PM »

Doesn't Livial have it in?
Bloody he'll if that's true that would really show what a mess the system is!
Is she an imposter this doctor?  Lol

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 10:13:20 PM »

We'll be queueing up for the jab  ;D

Mommarv

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 10:16:06 PM »

Oh well Livial may have it in - I'm not sure but will look! To be fair she didn't offer the testosterone alongside the Livial she gave me a choice between the two but didn't really give me any facts or explanations to make decision on and I just thought well at least I can stop the tablets whereas the injection would be in my system for ?weeks (?i think she said I would have to have to have the injection at regular intervals but I may be wrong and getting confused with my daughters treatment as she's been started on B12 injections - we both go to same doc and I go in with daughter as she has had a lot of brain surgery/treatment which has left her with poor memory - yes I know it is the blind leading the blind at minute lol.

Mommarv

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 10:18:27 PM »

She's definitely not an imposter. She's got a really good reputation, is going through menopause herself now and got an MBE from her majesty for her medical work 🤗

Kate50

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 10:21:00 PM »

No that's great it's just not the norm.  Where she live she may be kidnapped by some of the ladies on here

Mommarv

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 10:23:46 PM »

She did say that those two options where the ones that had the potential for less side effects ??!??!??
Oh God and another thing - now me brain fog is clearing a little I've just re-read the info sheet with Livial and it says not to be taken unless periods have been absent for 12 months - mine been absent for 8 months🤔

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 10:25:02 PM »

Hey ho! Speak to a Pharmacist maybe?

Kate50

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 10:29:12 PM »

Personally I wouldn't worry I've tried all sorts as and when no one seemed to bother so I don't

Mommarv

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 10:31:28 PM »

Haha Kate50 she is alas still only human - she dismissed my daughter's symptoms as nothing at all to worry about but did have the foresight to send her for an urgent CT 'just in case' where she was found to have brain tumour! Still can't fault her though as we've heard many horror stories since of BT patients being fobbed off for months before being referred for scan. She has done everything in her power to help us since   I've got a funny feeling that if I get chatting to other 'women of a certain age' in our village I may find they're all on these injections lol. Explains why there seems to be a disproportionate amount of glamorous and energetic grannies around these parts! 😉

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 10:32:59 PM »

These parts being where exactly  ;D

Kate50

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 10:36:07 PM »

Lol are the young men safe?
Pages: [1] 2