Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi Everyone!  (Read 6082 times)

Mommarv

Re: Hi Everyone!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 07:13:47 AM »

How did you get on with GP appointment rosie2 x

Rosie2

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 07:33:17 PM »

Hello,
I had appt with GP on Monday, it went really well.
She seems to think that I am suffering with depression, although I have menopause symptoms too. She has put me on Anti Depressants, Trazadone 100mg to start, she says they have a sedative in them that will help me to get some sleep. I see her again in 4 weeks time & she asked me to think about having a 3 month trial of HRT.
I have slept really well, waking up a couple of times instead of the usual between 6 &  14 times. I feel a bit groggy in the morning, but then ok. So far so good.
I have had a tough time recently. On December  20th last year, my husband was driving home from work at 2 am & a lady flagged him down, he stopped, & she could hardly breath, he got out of his van, the next thing a couple came & the male attacked my husband with an iron bar, & luckily 2 men came along, & held the man, so my husband could get away, if they hadn't,  we don't  think he  would be alive today. My poor husband was taken to A & E,  I got a call from the Police, & i went straight to the hospital, still not sure how I managed to drive, I was worried sick. When I saw him it was a shock, he was grey & just cried when he saw me. They gave him pain relief & x ray,  they said his shoulder was broken, & he should return to  the  Fracture Clinic 2 days later to see a consultant. He couldn't  even stand up. Anyway I had to get a wheelchair & a sick bowl & head for the car park, it was a nightmare, he was screaming with pain, I drove most of the way home at 10 mile an hour with Hazards on. When we went back to the Fracture Clinic they booked him in for MRI  scan on Christmas Eve, & he saw the consultant straight after. He said the shoulder was fractured but also the bone was shattered & would need a metal plate & pins. The operation was booked for New Years Eve. The op went as well as they expected, he now as physio & hydrotherapy, but he is still in severe pain. The surgeon says he may have to have another op  (but keyhole surgery this time) to release the scar tissue. Our world as been turned upside down, it's been terrible, but we will get through it eventually, I hope.
Well I'm so sorry ladies to blurt all this out, but even though I am knew to the site, I feel like I can open up to you all, & it makes me feel better.
So thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 07:37:30 PM »

How awful!  We never stop for anyone not even in Uniform.  Hopefully the Police are active in their investigations?  Yo should by now have been contacted by Victim Support and have a liaison officer appointed.

You rant and share if it helps.  It may be a while B4 you stop thinking what might have happened and hopefully the regime your GP has suggested will help.  Sleep helps us function which is why deprivation is used as a torture method, now that you are getting good quality sleep you will feel better all round.

What HRT did your GP suggest?  Browse round, make notes ;-).

Rosie2

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 07:44:16 PM »

The GP didn't  suggest any particular HRT, said she will discuss  further when I go back.
Yes the police have been really good & victim support too.
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 07:44:53 PM »

Is Hubby able to talk about it?  Journalling can help if not .

Rosie2

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 07:59:38 PM »

Yes, he can talk about it now, but journaling is a good idea, because every time we speak about it he says something else that he had forgotten about, so if he writes it down, it could be very useful. x
Pages: 1 [2]