Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tummy Troubles  (Read 7324 times)

Tummy Troubles
« on: April 10, 2016, 11:10:31 PM »

If peri isn't hard enough I now have tummy issues to go with it. I have seen in other post where some of you mention tummy issues.  It now start mid cycle and go through till my period. I have been getting a sour stomach, terrible gas that comes out both ends and bloated.
 When you other ladies mention tummy issues are any of these what your getting? If it's not one thing it something else. Or many compounded on top of one another in a day.
 Would love to wake up and feel as if I was in my 20's again  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tummy Troubles
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:46:59 AM »

Oh so would I  ::) - until I'm out of bed I feel 90-ish  >:(

HORMONES! Have a look at your daily diet and maybe cut out foods that cause gas?  Have 3-5 days of light bites, i.e. grilled/stir fried chicken with garlic on a bed of rice, adding shredded ginger.  Both are good for digestion.

I found that Actimel eased my bowel problems, I had terrible slow transit to the point of not being able to face the next day  :'( but my GP gave me Colpermin to ease upper gut wind as well as Motillium to hurry transit.  Saved my Life.  Then after 5 years a friend suggested Actimel which certainly keeps my bowel regular, therefore eliminating most of the other problems.

Make a list for the next couple of days of what you eat and when? also tick your exercise, even housework counts  ;)

It will pass.  (Like the wind  ::)). 
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 08:55:30 PM »

CLKD is this a common peri problem. I am a little scared as I never had tummy problems like this. Now I go from upset belly to heartburn to unbelievable rolling gas. It started with the heartburn and now out of now where the sick tummy and gas.

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 09:45:45 PM »

Unless I was in pain or it carried on to the point of interfering with life, I think I would chalk it down to perimenopause. I definitely had the bloating for the first time in my life in peri, and I had lots of gas early in pregnancies, so I think the hormones must play a role in that. Obviously if it is unbearable or gets worse, I would get it checked out.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 10:14:51 PM »

Lizab I just went to the doctors for a sinus infection yesterday. Because we live in a small town we get doctors that I think have been kicked out of big cities. I got a nurse practitioner. I tried to discuss some of these issues I am also having with peri and Do you know what she said. DO YOU NEED AN ANTIDEPRESSANT!! I was so mad. She told me tummy problems, heartburn, itchy skin and even joint pain is not symptoms of menopause. She gave me a paper she printed off the computer stating just the most obvious symptoms.   >:(  :'(     
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 10:57:20 PM »

HORMONES! Have a look at your daily diet and maybe cut out foods that cause gas?  Have 3-5 days of light bites, i.e. grilled/stir fried chicken with garlic on a bed of rice, adding shredded ginger.  Both are good for digestion.

I found that Actimel eased my bowel problems, I had terrible slow transit to the point of not being able to face the next day  :'( but my GP gave me Colpermin to ease upper gut wind as well as Motillium to hurry transit.  Saved my Life.  Then after 5 years a friend suggested Actimel which certainly keeps my bowel regular, therefore eliminating most of the other problems.

Make a list for the next couple of days of what you eat and when? also tick your exercise, even housework counts  ;)

Like the wind is an understatement. I must of been a man in another life.  ;D
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 12:13:26 AM »

I  do take Probotics every day in a pill form

Lizab

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 01:12:07 AM »

Do we love in the same town? I was very anemic for 2+ years from heavy and constant peri bleeding. More than one person from the only gyne group in my town has told me "This is what we women have to deal with sometimes. Don't worry about it. It will stop eventually". My current gp is really good, but tends to measure everything by hot flashes. He didn't say my symptoms weren't from meno, but he said they weren't typical so he's watching me pretty closely in case something else presents. I can't complain about his extra caution, but I know when it's the hormones.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 08:08:42 PM »

Your Nurse needs a  :kick: - all symptoms can be put down to menopause  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Also, hiatus hernia is common when a lady reaches peri..  As is frozen shoulder  ::) because as oestrogen levels drop muscles become lax, this includes those internally.  Hence the HH.

Eat more often.  Take time when drinking/eating.  Intakes of wind has to go somewhere  ::).  Avoid fizzy drinks.  Cut out 'greens', eat more pasta and rice.  Chicken.  White fish. 

Porridge if you can face it is filling and soothing, when I got a dip around 4.00 p.m. I would make sloppy Redybrek - comfort food in a mug.

I suffered with wind before my appendix burst, Himself would press around my belly button and there would be a 'pop' underneath - for years++ until eventually it became inflammed. 

GPs have guidelines not to offer ADs as the first course of menopause treatment!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 12:04:08 AM »

I was very upset by the time I left. She just ignored my questions about other concerns. Than on top of it she said the back of my throat on one side looks funny. One side looks swelling as if when infected but it is not red.  I told her with my sinus infection I have a lot of drainage and my nose is plug so I am breathing out of my mouth at night/ And to top we use a wood stove to heat so the air is super dry. I asked her if that could be causing it. She said I don't know I am going to send you to and ENT to look at it. But no appointments until the end of May. Like I don't have enough to worry about. >:(

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 01:44:33 PM »

Since when can a Practice Nurse refer?   :-\

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 10:04:19 PM »

Since when can a Practice Nurse refer?   :-\
This place they work under doctors. We have 1 real doctor plus 2 physician assistants. 
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 10:07:26 PM »

Sparkle once this is checked out it is going to be something else. It just seems like it's one thing after another.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 08:33:32 PM »

Yes Sparkle May 5th but I have been on antibiotics for the sinus infection and my throat looks better.(or so I think so). I get bad spring and fall allergies, and spring is here. I am sure it it's because of that and using the wood stove (now only at night) I didn't want to tell her that at time I have a hard time getting food down which seems to coincide with my allergies. Does that ever happen to you? I have had that issue for years. I feel I get so much thick drainage down the back of my throat at times things get stuck in it. Maybe I should just check myself into a psychiatric ward !!! ;)