Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does this sound familiar - Fluctuations?  (Read 6147 times)

Re: Does this sound familiar - Fluctuations?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 03:57:53 AM »

Can you experience surges and fluctuations many days in a row? I had eggwhite mucus Thursday last week. Since then I've experienced lots of discharge, mild cramping, backache, heavy boobs, etc. Today I had diarreah in the morning....

EllaM

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 09:15:34 AM »

I suspect you can as I have had times where I can feel awful one day, better the next, the rubbish again.
I noticed brown discharge last night and this morning it is pinky red so combined with other symptoms recently I believe that I have ovulated. I slept well, although still feel exhausted, and didn't go to the loo this morning and have no nausea, so all pointing to ovulation albeit early in the month.
The bowel habits fit with the pattern described by Kathleen.
Now that I have ovulated I hope things settle although I am worried about adding extra progesterone if my body is going to produce its own. Would be interested to if anyone else has tinkered with progesterone dose after ovulation.
I'm so desperate to get back to work and just want things to settle x

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 09:31:46 AM »

Has anyone experienced more of "random" cramping in peri? My cramps today have not been severe but annoying enough that I took an ibuprofen in the morning. Usually I would only get cramps a few days before my period and then during my period, but now I'm supposddly 12 days away....

Dorothy

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 09:42:39 AM »

I can change from one day to the next, though now I find it is more likely to come in blocks of a few days at a time.  And yes, cramping happens all over the place.  The only 'rule' about peri seems to be that there are no rules!

EllaM

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 09:53:56 AM »

I agree Dorothy. Although HRT may be in 28  day cycles if our own hormones are still in the background we can't go by this regular pattern. I guess we need to consider what our cycles would be like at this time of our lives if we weren't on hrt. I suspect they would be all over the place.
If you are concerned though you could always get it checked out  x

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 05:01:12 PM »

And just like that... The cramps are almost completely gone, the wet discharge is gone and the diarreah is gone.... I have also been much less tired today.

EllaM

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 05:45:44 PM »

Yeaaaay, long may it last. :)
 I am crippled with anxiety and still have some spotting which all points to a dip in estrogen. Physically not too bad at all but the anxiety is awful. Considering adding a bit more estrogen but am also worried about tinkering as I'm already on 75mcg. It's so difficult  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]