Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Confused...as usual ;)  (Read 11856 times)

Confused...as usual ;)
« on: March 28, 2016, 07:14:24 AM »

My cycles totally confuse me now (almost 47 years old). I think that I ovulated las week because I had eggwhite mucus wed+thu and possibly a drop of blood on Thu too. But the last few days I've had watery slightly "slimy" discharge. Why is that? I wouldn't quite say that I have cramps, but an on-and-off sort of fulness/tightness low down in my uterus area. Anyone know why this is happening?

Re: Confused...as usual ;)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 03:45:22 PM »

Thank you, both of you... :)

I googled and read something very interesting. Some woman, roughly my age, asking almost the same question. She also felt that she needed to go pee more on-and-off. There were other women responding to her question, with the same problems. And a doctor. His response was, as much as I can remember, that excess estrogen in peri causes these days of excess discharge. Most likely, he said the feeling of fullness and the need to pee more often was caused by changes in progesterone (sorry, don't remember if it was lack of or excess) that in turn caused blood vessels in the pelvic area to swell, giving that feeling of fullness and pressure on the bladder. I sometimes have these days when I also need to urinate more often, but I also have many more days when I feel pressure/irritation towards my rectum instead. I have a retroverted uterus. Could the swelling cause that type of problem for me, I wonder?

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 04:03:07 PM »

Hello 20032003.

I read your last post with interest as recently I was feeling a full kind of pressure in my rectum. I also had a sort of urge to 'bear down'. At the time I assumed it was an IBS/nervous thing but perhaps it is the blood vessels responding to hormonal changes. I am post meno and on HRT and this hasn't happened lately but it's possibly the same process.

Take care.

K.

Claireylou

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 04:08:16 PM »

Me too! I've got a tilted uterus and, since peri hit, I feel more pressure in my back passage. All been investigated and all normal.

I agree with Sparkle, everything moving slightly south and fighting for space  :)

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 04:18:38 PM »

Wow... So many women with the same problem!

ruthae

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 09:46:59 PM »

I've definitely had the feeling of everything becoming congested and the fullness you mention over the last 18 mths when I started getting other peri symptoms, and also haemorroids just before a bleed. My Dr wouldn't believe it was related to hormones though so a relief to know it is , if you know what I mean... Thanks for posting about it.
Rx

ruthae

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 10:23:54 PM »

Yes  :bang: don't get me started....

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 02:41:29 PM »

Some other questions for you who feel this fullness/congestion. Does it come and go, or does it stay more or less the same? Mine started almost 2 years ago. That was when I was first aware of this irritating feeling of having something in my butt... If I would go to the toilet nothing or very little would come out (I hope that it's not TMI...). I think that I pushed myself to internal hemmoroidhs at that time, because I was later diagnosed with having some "remains" of that. I also get some irritation at the opening on-and-off. It feels like small tears/fissures, but nothing of that sort was found by the two doctors that looked at me. My problems are sometimes almost nonexistent these days, but many days I have some problem with it. When I think about how bad it was at times, I must say that I have much improved. Also, does anybody feel this general fullness in the whole area after a BM? Sometimes I can actually feel pressure in my vagina too, and that seems so weird... Now I'm about a week away from my period (I believe) and I do think that my symptoms are worsening a little, which I guess would make sense if it had to do with progesterone...?

Claireylou

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 05:36:39 PM »

I agree totally with you Sparkle.

Period due next week and I'm feeling the fullness. I don't really notice it at other times now I come to think about it.

Claireylou

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 07:38:22 PM »

Oh absolutely Sparkle,

I think this forum is like a huge comfort blanket  :)

Claireylou

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 07:45:08 PM »

:thankyou:

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »

I'm still wondering what would be good to use on the outside, which is where most of my problems currently are. The other day I sat down on the toilet and could literally feel a small tear happening. Just a little sting, but I would like to cure it! I have tried steroid medications before, but find them too harsh. Have tried analcare, but that also seems to irritate more than heal. Diaper rash creams are fine (as in non-irritating), but don't really seem to help the healing much either. Today I'm trying a thich anti-bacterial cream for the first time. Should I continue with that for a while, or is there something better? I'm always wondering whether an estrogen cream would help me, but since my problem is not really with the vaginal area I feel doubtful? Any thoughts?

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 11:38:04 AM »

Is your tearing on the perineum 20032003 - sorry if you've already said!

Taz x

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 12:10:37 PM »

Anal area toward the perineum, if that makes sense?

Milamam

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 01:47:59 PM »

Hi 20032003,
Sorry to hear you are in pain and uncomfortable. Is it possible to try sumac - I think this is the correct name of the herb. Boil it , cool, and use the water to wash over the torn area. I used sumac a lot after my first birth as I had a lot of leisons and torn bits. Brings about immediate relief, it is aniseptic and very very soothing.
Milamam
Pages: [1] 2