Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Freezing Cold  (Read 3852 times)

Carolyn

Freezing Cold
« on: March 20, 2016, 06:22:20 PM »

Hi Ladies,

It seems like ages since I have been on here - well it has!

I hope you are all well.

I wanted to ask your opinion on something, I have yet another thing to add to my forever on going list - does it ever stop - don't answer.

Well my periods have finally stopped all together but since they have stopped I have now started to go really, really cold to the point that I can't warm up even with a blanket/hot water bottle and then suddenly I then start to have a hot flush - now this happens every single night and as stupid as this might sound it is at 9 o'clock.

Why? does anyone else get really cold? does anyone have any ideas on how to kerb this?

Hugs

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Freezing Cold
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 08:40:00 PM »

Thyroid problems can cause a person to feel the cold, as can Raynaud's disease. 

How soon before the 'flush' do you feel chilled?  It may be a hormone fluctuation ?

Carolyn

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 09:08:05 PM »

Hi CLKD

I'm freezing for about 10 mins and then instantly goes and then hot.

Sure enough 9:00pm and it starts, do you think its odd that it is the same time always?

Hugs

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 10:56:08 PM »

Cold flushes. They are awful. I used to spend my time wishing for a hot flush to heat me up, then when I had hot flush I was wishing for a cold one. Nobody tells you about these. I used to get them all day long. Meno sucks!

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 04:02:21 PM »

If this is 'normal' for you ……….. I had cold flushes when I took Tamoxifen across the back of my neck/shoulders running down to my waist.  Awful  :-\

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 05:55:27 PM »

Hello 'Hugs'.

I think flushes come in many shapes and sizes !

When I was going through the headache phase of this delightful journey I would suddenly feel much better around 9pm when the headache would magically disappear  and I would feel relaxed and calm for the first time that day. Of course the next morning it would all start up again but at least I had some reprieve!

I am further along now and dealing with tension and anxiety surges beginning at approximately 5pm every evening which causes me to worry about how I'll eat my dinner whilst feeling so horrible.

In my opinion there is definitely some sort of daily schedule to these hormonal fluctuations which confirms that the causes are chemical although that doesn't make them any easier to live with!

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Carolyn

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 07:39:14 PM »

Thank you Ladies for your replies.

I was thinking today how I use to wish that I didn't want to have periods anymore & I could actually hear myself saying 'why don't they just stop' if only I knew, now I want them back.

Everyday something happens that's different - someone said to me when you have a hot flush no one will know! Oh really I think my red face & neck gives it away & oh think yourself lucky that you are feeling the cold now! You call that bloody lucky - lucky is when you've won the lottery.

Today - I've been as moody as hell - I'm never moody

My trousers didn't fit today but they did on Friday

& then just crying because how would I tell my kids if I got ill WHAT the hell is all that about I'm not ill just totally p****d off feeling like crap.

& breathe!

Have a huge hug from me lovely ladies xxx

Hugs  :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 07:41:05 PM »

…… and breath ……… tell your children that your hormones are causing you to feel hot and cold - are they old enough for you 2 delegate small helpful jobs?

Carolyn

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 07:45:09 PM »

All left home  CLKD all 3 at Uni that's how pathetic I am - really I have nothing to moan about do I x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 07:46:28 PM »

They should know if they return home regularly!

You moan away.  HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Carolyn

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 07:49:33 PM »

:thankyou: :thankyou:

Lizab

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 03:11:58 PM »

Bless your heart. I am doing the same thing. Hot, cold, moody, worry. Everything is irrational. I have suffered so much from worry and anxiety with this mess, but really everything about my life is more secure than ever before. So why am I in such a fluster all the time? I've cried over worrying if something happens to me. I've cried because my kids are so good.
And no, I can't hide every hother flash. The milder ones, sure! But the ones where sweat is pouring off my face and I might burst into flames or faint and I'm reaching for my water bottle which I gulp down in two gulps. No, can't hide those. If people didn't notice on their own, they're going to notice because I'm repeating "Is it hot in here? Why is it so hot? I'm dying from this heat!" My glasses steam up from them. And then a few minutes later I'm freezing. Fun stuff.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 06:09:50 PM »

Not  ::)..  HORMONES  >:( 

The trick is probably to wear layers of non-synthetic clothing.  So that 1 can shed/put on as required?  Layers of mohair which is breathable or maybe those wicking clothes that are available in walking shops.  I find those really useful, they are pretty enough to wear as 'tops'!