Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help.. should I carry on with conti with all this bleeding?  (Read 2381 times)

warwick01

Help.. should I carry on with conti with all this bleeding?
« on: March 20, 2016, 09:44:58 AM »

Morning Ladies

I have now been on Kliovance for 10 weeks. 7 weeks of bleeding, it was just starting to settle with no bleed for 7 days then I changed from taking my tablet at 8.00am to taking it at 7.00pm since then on Thursday the bleeding has started again (quite heavy). Is this normal as I have 10 days before I finish the 3 month trial. This is the longest I have trialled any other hrt for.

My big worry is becoming anaemic as I do feel a little week and giddy. We go on holiday next wekk so confused wheather to stop or carry on and just drink Guinness and eat spinach.

I would love some advise......as always :)

Wxx

Taz2

Re: Help.. should I carry on with conti with all this bleeding?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 10:03:29 AM »

Hi warwick - I bled continuously for six months on this HRT. I didn't become anaemic though.  I gave up and changed back to a sequi one after that so that I at least knew when to expect a bleed.

Have you got any other anaemia signs - bleeding gums, weak and aching muscles, shortness of breath or palpitations? Although it is advisable to give it three months on each HRT the bleeding problems with a conti HRT can take six months to settle down. Has Kliovance got rid of all of your other meno symptoms?

Taz x  :hug:

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »

Hi Taz

Thanks for your quick response. I do feel a little breathless when doing things. It seems to be lighter today also, may be it was starting to settle until I changed the time of taking the Kliovance. I would say I do feel calmer than I did on the oestrogel and the vertigo is a little better.

Hubby is going out for some iron tablets and more spinach. I will give it until wed and make a decision on weather to stop, as we go on holiday Saturday :(

Wxx

Rocket Queen

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 12:09:37 PM »

I too am anaemic but mine was low blood stores as opposed to low haemoglobin.   I take Ferroglobin which has increased my levels from 5 to 25 which is very good.  The normal range is from 20 plus so 5 was very low indeed.   You can buy Ferroglobin from Holland & Barrett, however I get mine from Waitrose.   Boots would do it too I imagine.

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »

Hi Rocket Queen - how do I know which is best as I've not had a blood test?? I'm trying to give myself extra protection! I think in the weeks I have been bleeding I have probably lost a pint of blood. Not sure if that's a lot??

Also - I am low thyroid and take Leveroxine 125 so I do know if you take iron it must be 4 hour after thyroid medication. I do feel really tired today.

Wxx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »

Hi warwick01 - I take Floradix - a very gentle natural herbal iron tonic also available from H&B although I got mine cheaper online from another supplier. If you are worried about taking it when you are not anaemic but think you might be low in iron - just take 10 ml per day rather than twice a day which is the RDA. That way you will give yourself a boost. Although my diet is excellent, I take it from time to time because I choose to have a bleed and I'm in my 60's so don't want to risk becoming low in iron at all. Also have just had flu so a bit run down so a tonic will help me feel less tired I hope. I think the herbal tonics are easier on the system than iron tablets - although Floradix does come in tablet form too.

It does seem surprising to bleed that long on such a low dose oestrogen - but unfortunately this does happen with some women as Taz says.

Glad you are feeling better generally though :)

Hurdity x

warwick01

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 01:50:18 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Thanks for your advise. I will order on line today as it sounds just what I need. Yes I think I do feel a little better, the agitation was soooo bad last year. In my case I think I need a small amount of prog to keep me balanced. It's still early days :-\

Sorry to hear you have been unwell, hope your feeling better soon

Wxx