Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Periods - That Final Year Records To Share Anyone?  (Read 4949 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Periods - That Final Year Records To Share Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 05:31:52 PM »

I don't think we really know how far along we might be until we suddenly realise that our periods have stopped  ::).  4 me it was during 2002 after several years of intermittent on/off bleeding.  I didn't stop carrying protection for 5 years though  :D

Charys

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 05:38:55 PM »

....but the STRAW model does say - late stage begins officially with a skipped cycle ?!

Conolly

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 06:05:14 PM »

Hello ladies,

My last periods were quite turbulent. I had very heavy periods lasting 8-15 days. Then they changed to a very odd pattern. I'd bleed for 4-5 days and after 2-3 days I would have another bleeding for 4-5 days. At the time I had the feeling that something was blocking my uterus and dividing it into two sections. Later on I found out I had 2 small polyps and 5 big fibroids, so they could be the culprit for these bleeding patterns. After a couple of years I would not bleed for 3 months and have a seriously heavy bleeding for 20 days. I persevered without hormone replacement or invasive procedures for about one year, always checking for anaemia. Then the 3 months became 6 months without bleeding, then 10 months, then 12 months, menopause party (I wish). My perimenopause symptoms have lasted for about 10 years and now 2 years postmeno I still have hormone fluctuations, so menopause is the cessation of periods, period. All the other symptoms linger on.

Conolly X

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 06:14:56 PM »

The word 'menopause' is literally, end of menses.  So it's the last period, been and gone ......... 4 me it was intermittent until I suddenly realised.  I was caring for 4 sick pets  :'( at the time so changes went by me ...........

Charys

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 06:40:31 PM »

Changes are scary though, as your tag line says. I'm major freaking about this missed period, thinking that the next one is going to be double as bad as usual - and usual is bad enough.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »

Or it may be little and not much at all.  It's the Unknown that is freaky.  Having had heavy painful periods throughout it was a relief for peri to be much less and intermittent.

Charys

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 06:51:35 PM »

Yes, you are right, its the 'unknown', spot on.
Pages: 1 [2]