Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 4151 times)

booboo

HELP!
« on: March 09, 2016, 02:27:43 PM »

Have started experiencing a lot of discomfort in the stomach ( abdomen) area - gripes, pains, wind, tiredness - discomfort after eating etc .... Now my anxiety has gone on high alert again and I fear the C word - I loathe all this fear & all that's associated with getting older...I had a full hysterectomy last year and hoped I may feel better, but it never seems to end ...Now off to docs for blood test and an ultra sound on the abdomen ... Wish I could just stop fearing the worst all the time

countrybumpkin

Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 03:54:56 PM »

The full hysterectomy has ruled out you getting those cancers which is reassuring.  The ultrasound will do doubt be abdominal and pelvic which covers from your boobs to your bum ;D  and may also include a renal one as well for your kidneys etc. 
Your symptoms could be anything from gallstones to irritable bowel with alot of other none life threatening things inbetween.
I totally understand your worries though, health anxiety is the pits.

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 05:19:52 PM »

Hello booboo.

Sorry to learn that you are suffering. Digestive issues seem to come with the territory at this time  in our lives, you only have to read this forum to see that!

Hopefully your tests are reassuring and let us know how you get on.

Wishing you well.

K.

booboo

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 10:35:19 AM »

Thank you country bumpkin and Kathleen for your responses..
I have a pre disposition to thinking the worst - and am finding this time of life particularly tough with all the arising health issues and niggles.. Oh to be young and care free again ...

groundhog

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 11:03:57 AM »

Completely agree booboo - I'm having health meltdown too. I've always been a worrier but now it seems I question everything,  google everything and before I know it I'm planning my funeral.  It's horrible and I really sympathise x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 06:55:05 PM »

Hi booboo - by a full hysterectomy do you mean taking your uterus and cervix or do you mean you also had your ovaries removed?

I get far more stomach pain following my hysterectomy around 18 months ago - it is thought that scar tissue has now formed plus my bowel hasn't "settled" into the gap left by the uterus as well as it might! Naughty bowel! Maybe this is what has happened to you too.

Taz x

booboo

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 07:04:55 PM »

groundhog - Its dreadful.. Some people say " there is no point in worrying till there is something to worry about" - which is true, but I cant seem to master that..

Taz - yes!! I had the whole reproductive works removed - cervix, ovaries womb etc .. I guess there is a lot more room for things to float about.. I seem to suffer with dreadful bouts of wind now too & it took a long time to get used to how different all my bits felt .