Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Progesterone question  (Read 1534 times)

Lizab

Progesterone question
« on: March 13, 2016, 08:40:45 PM »

Every month it's something new. I finished my 10 days of progesterone last Tuesday. Today is my 4th day of having a headache, my chin is breaking out terribly, and I'm a little bit ragey. My bleed starts before I finish the progesterone, so there's no pre- to this if it's PMS. Is anyone else affected by the progesterone withdrawal like this? Even towards the end of your bleed?

Hurdity

Re: Progesterone question
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 06:07:51 PM »

Hi Lizab

The progesterone withdrawal side effects from HRT may well occur independently of your bleed - but if you are peri and had an early bleed then that could have been your own hormones kicking in ( causing the early bleed?). If your headache has lasted that long it could be a migraine ( without aura). I used to get these always on withdrawal and in peri-menopause just before my period although never suffered from migraines when younger. They always lasted for 3 days. Not sure about the skin and rage - the spot are usually due to prog itself and the rage either due to the prog or the withdrawal! How was your cycle before starting HRT? Could you have ovulated again?

Hurdity x

Lizab

Re: Progesterone question
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 08:03:21 PM »

My cycles were skipping before hrt. I don't think I ovulated, I certainly don't recall feeling amorous or any other signs of ovulation. My last natural period was November and June before that. I started hrt in December and this was my 3rd progesterone course. My bleeds have all began on day 8-9 of my 10 days on prog. The last two months I had a weepy spell after (but really I was having weepy spells often so maybe coincidental). This is the first time since I had regular periods that I had the chin breakouts, and like you said, they were before my periods. I'm feeling much better at the moment and my face is clearing up. I guess it's yet another surprise for me to adjust to...or not since it may well change by next month.