Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help please!  (Read 2846 times)

Suecee1958

Help please!
« on: March 13, 2016, 10:16:54 AM »

After 6 weeks on the Femseven Conti patches I found my anxiety was worse so just stopped using them.  I contacted Dr Currie who advised me that she thought I needed a lower dose of hrt as I have been post-menopausal for 8 years - she thought the Femseven was too high for me which makes sense.  Dr Currie advised me to cut the patches in half and use them that way until my 3 month review in 6 weeks time and then suggested I go on to a lower dose patch and utrogestan but she didn't say how much utrogestan I should take and my GP is clueless!  I presume I should be using a 0.25 estrogen patch in future but not sure how much utrogestan?  Also would it be ok to start using the half patch of Femseven Conti straight away - bearing in mind I haven't used anything since Thursday?

Since stopping the hrt I do feel anxious again - will starting to use the half patch muck me up even more?!!!

Trufflecat

Re: Help please!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 10:39:21 AM »

I think that 100mg every night for 25 nights and then a break for 3 days.

Hurdity

Re: Help please!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 06:17:31 PM »

Hi Suecee

Anxiety is a classic symptom of low oestrogen, but also some (synthetic) progestogens seem to cause this too. I would definitely start straight away on the half patch and see how you get on. As I think I said in an earlier thread sometimes some women do not get on with continuous progestogens especially the synthetic ones.

Unfortunately the utrogestan dose not come in any lower dose so 100 mg is what there is. If you used it vaginally you would be able to take it every other day, and might even get away with this orally on a low dose oestrogen - but orally there is quite a lot of variation between women in how much is absorbed and if it isn't absorbed well there can be problematic spotting. Of course used cyclically this wouldn't happen as the bleed would come monthly and predictably.

Let us know how you get on!

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x