Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Just plain falling apart Itcy skin? Acne?  (Read 28204 times)

Keepgoing

Re: Just plain falling apart Itcy skin? Acne?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2016, 04:57:17 PM »

I don't have allergies it's just this itching is continuous have had all blood tests known and did not realise it was a symptom of peri until I got the more known signs then started reading about it and I would say it is its one of the worst symptoms...my doc didn't even know it's a sign of peri lol xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2016, 05:26:42 PM »

There's a lot that GPs don't know about peri/menopause  >:(

mandypepe

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2016, 06:07:08 PM »

Keep going - I am very new to this and it was before I knew it was perimenopause and thought I had various cancers. The second doctor I went to to ask for a referral for a mammogram because I found a lump 'googled it' to see if I was of the right age to go. Obviously this didn't leave me with any confidence and I then missed a period and it all started to dawn on me that lots of symptoms I was getting pointed to hormonal.

Keepgoing

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2016, 06:18:27 PM »

Hi mandypepe it is a nightmare what gps don't know about peri and at this time your confidence takes a battering and it's hard to get it back...I'm still struggling but I will find it again...hope you do to xx

Joyce

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2016, 06:56:43 PM »

I have to get my antihistamines from GP as I'm lactose intolerant. I can take cetirizine in liquid form, have to buy kids stuff. However useless to travel with. Don't think my antihistamines are as good though.
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2016, 10:02:45 PM »

Thanks stelljane I looked it up and I know it as Benadryl I have been taking one a day quite a lot but on your advice I think al try 2 as some days I'm at my wits end with the itch xx
I take Benadryl to sleep at night. It works most nights.

Joyce

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2016, 02:11:30 PM »

Couldn't get to sleep last night for itchy toes. Drove my insane, despite plastering with E45.

Today I'm itchy all over, just used some liquid benadryl. Hope it helps.
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 11:06:03 PM »

Couldn't get to sleep last night for itchy toes. Drove my insane, despite plastering with E45.

Today I'm itchy all over, just used some liquid benadryl. Hope it helps.
take Benadryl before you go to bed It will help you sleep and help the itching

Joyce

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2016, 11:11:01 PM »

I've tried 07drichard. Oh how I've tried. Last night eventually found some oilatum cream, thought it would work. It did for about 20 minutes. Drastic measures were needed. Cooling foot cream from a certain high Street shop. Then I was in heaven. Today I bought some antihistamine cream, but sods blooming law, no itch!
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2016, 11:22:30 AM »

I've tried 07drichard. Oh how I've tried. Last night eventually found some oilatum cream, thought it would work. It did for about 20 minutes. Drastic measures were needed. Cooling foot cream from a certain high Street shop. Then I was in heaven. Today I bought some antihistamine cream, but sods blooming law, no itch!
I find if you have a shower at night. Add some  antihistamine cream to some body lotion but it on just after you dry off. It seems to work better. I can't never seem to get enough  antihistamine cream on (small tubes) this way squeeze of body cream to a squeeze of  antihistamine cream it goes further and more even.

Claireylou

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2016, 03:36:59 PM »

Hi, I'm suffering with this at the moment too and not for the first time. It's come and gone over the years. I've been taking one citirizide(sp) every night before bed for a few days. It does help but I'm now worried about long term usage of it. I itch and burn in certain random areas. It really is uncomfortable and you have my sympathy xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3]