Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Just plain falling apart Itcy skin? Acne?  (Read 28203 times)

Keepgoing

Re: Just plain falling apart Itcy skin? Acne?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 10:33:13 PM »

Oh don't say that achybones I'm hoping new hrt will get rid of the itch it's unbearable :'( x

ariadne

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 11:00:58 PM »

I've Googled  itchy skin to death as I did suffer terribly with random itchy places,  mainly legs and arms and with no visible rash or redness.  It was much worse after a shower so I gave them up,  and even after a bath I would feel like ants were crawling all over me. I wanted to run screaming into the street as I felt driven mad by it. 

One of my Google searches said that half a cup of bicarbonate of soda and half a cup of Epsom salts in the bath had prevented itchy skin in some people so I tried it and it has worked for me.  With the added advantage of helping to keep the bath clean!

I now buy large tubs of each online as it's much cheaper that way

Ariadne xx

Joyce

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 11:19:33 PM »

I was told whole cup of Epsom salts do the trick, never tried it though. You'd need to buy in massive quantities. Worried my nether regions would complain.  ::)
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 11:48:27 PM »

I've Googled  itchy skin to death as I did suffer terribly with random itchy places,  mainly legs and arms and with no visible rash or redness.  It was much worse after a shower so I gave them up,  and even after a bath I would feel like ants were crawling all over me. I wanted to run screaming into the street as I felt driven mad by it. 

One of my Google searches said that half a cup of bicarbonate of soda and half a cup of Epsom salts in the bath had prevented itchy skin in some people so I tried it and it has worked for me.  With the added advantage of helping to keep the bath clean!

I now buy large tubs of each online as it's much cheaper that way

Ariadne xx
I would think the Epson salt would make you dry and more itchy. I just don't understand why does Menopause make your skin itch. Really I am coming back a man in my next life!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 12:03:55 AM »

I'm pretty sure I'm post meno at 55 and have been on HRT for a good few years.
Despite this I'm turning into a crisp, or possibly a Riveta.
My skin is so dry.
My back itches so badly my hubby bought me a back scratcher. Take from that he was fed up being asked to scratch my back. I use gallons of moisturisers but no matter what I do my skin is still dry. Fortunately my face has escaped the onslaught.

My latest weird skin issue is skin to skin contact causes intense itching.
Even just having a cuddle at night with hubby makes me itch. I'm beginning to wonder if it's his deodorant that I'm allergic too.
All I can use is E45. I have lots of lovely skin creams but they all cause intense itching.

AB
I also have a back scratcher Love it. If the itching gets too bad. I rubber band a wash cloth on it put cream or baby oil on the wash cloth and rub it on my back. I hate getting the stink eye from my husband when I ask him to put cream on my back.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 03:53:16 PM »

It's caused by dropping levels of oestrogen.

Grandma swore by Epsom salts, Dettol and bicarb for burns  ::)
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »

Don't let anyone tell you hormone loss doesn't cause itching!

I started itching in perimeno. I had lots of tests and have ended up on a combination of  thyroxine for low thyroid, HRT and daily antihistamine. This keeps me comfortable - but take away one of the components and I'm sunk!

During the hay fever season the itch can go overboard and if I'm not careful I break out in hives. I then have to double up on the antihistamines.

By the way, a top man in immunology told me it has to be Cetirizine for itching, not Loratadine - and showed me graphs to prove the point!

Using a bland moisturiser like aqueous cream is also a good idea.

Constant itch can be very distressing.
You know that was a perimenopause symptom I tried to find in all the Google  searches. It only came up more serious  problems. When I went in for a sinus infection. I told my GP about the itching and lows in energy, moodiness . It was like oh we have to do all this blood work, there could be some serious underline issues causing that. Well Guess what all my blood work came back fine, even my iron tho I get super heavy periods sometimes 3-weeks apart. Of course my hormone levels were not checked! Maybe some of these other Perimenopause systems should be add to the list, not just the most obvious.
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 11:24:36 AM »

Nothing needs to last forever.  HRT helps - it can protect bones and heart.  GPs have received new Guidelines in recent months to bring them in line what many ladies already realised  ;).  Quality of Life is important …..  sometimes Ladies try HRT to see what symptoms it can relieve.
Yes I agree. But I live in a very rural area U.P. of Michigan USA we can't even get good GP yet alone someone who has knowledge of this. I love where I live but good medical  care is hard to come by. Our doctors I think can only write out antidepressants and pain pills.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2016, 11:41:16 AM »

I get this too, but only on the underside of my boobs, and only after I take my bra off at night. But sometimes, God, they are so itchy. And the more I scratch, the itchier they get. I can scratch so hard that I can leave red wheals on my skin.

Never knew it was due to low oestrogen?

mandypepe

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2016, 12:02:11 PM »

I've only had this once a few months ago and it was all over my face and arms. I can only say it felt like tiny spiders all over. I've got chickens and I kept thinking they must have red mite and they had come into me. And I kept checking my dog for fleas as I wondered if fleas kept jumping on me. Then read on here about it been another symptom

coldethyl

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 01:02:21 PM »

I don't really itch but god I burn. I come out in giant hives on my knees and back and feet - any changes in temp seems to set me off as does stress. I have had thyroid checked and various bloods and I'm fine apart from I'm not because I have this bloody awful rash and burning. Started as my peri heated up last year and I'm on centrizine which only partially helps.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 02:14:52 PM »

As I was growing up I used to develop what my Dad called 'sugar spots' i.e. huge, itchy bumps usually along elastic lines: under the bra, knicker line, anywhere that clothing sat tightly.  I wonder now if they were hormonal  :-\ ……. in the 1970s/80s I showed them to many different Consultants in the Hospital where I worked but no-one had any suggestions.  Anti-histamine cream helped.  AS did wearing as little clothing as possible.

My nipples also itch this week and it's difficult for me to scratch  :-X

Keepgoing

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2016, 03:15:34 PM »

What is cetirizine as my all over body itch drives me nuts most days xx

Keepgoing

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2016, 03:54:48 PM »

Thanks stelljane I looked it up and I know it as Benadryl I have been taking one a day quite a lot but on your advice I think al try 2 as some days I'm at my wits end with the itch xx

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2016, 04:24:52 PM »

Have you tried using locally grown honey for allergies?  I did a few years ago, we have a bee keeper in our village and eating a large spoonful morning and evening stopped all symptoms ….. trouble is, I need to begin eating it 2 weeks ago  ::) and I've gone 'off' honey  :-\.  It depends on what the allergen is …….. for me it's willow pollen and oil-seed rape  >:( as well as bedroom dust  :-X
Pages: 1 [2] 3