Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Just plain falling apart Itcy skin? Acne?  (Read 28207 times)

Just plain falling apart Itcy skin? Acne?
« on: February 26, 2016, 01:29:30 AM »

Does anyone have problems with itchy skin? I have read somewhere that your skin does get dryer. But I have not read on here that that is an issue with anyone else.
I have to put so much cream on which than in return make me break out. I have also never had acne problems until the last 2 years. I am 51 I take no HRT and still have periods.  I can't believe we go from periods to all this other wonderful stuff. What a trade off!! I am like a crazy lady half the time my moods are all over the place. I am also hoping once my body goes through the change and evens out my joint pains go away.
Is all this stuff normal or am I just turning into a crybaby? :'(

Trufflecat

Re: Just plain falling apart Itcy skin? Acne?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 08:32:16 AM »

Is it just your face? Rosacea can be itchy. I have it on my cheeks and it looks like a permanent patch of small spots (nice) but it's hard to cover with make up because the skin texture there has changed and is sort of tough! I have been trying some Dermalex cream which might be helping.....the texture has certainly improved.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 11:39:20 AM »

Is it just your face? Rosacea can be itchy. I have it on my cheeks and it looks like a permanent patch of small spots (nice) but it's hard to cover with make up because the skin texture there has changed and is sort of tough! I have been trying some Dermalex cream which might be helping.....the texture has certainly improved.
Hi Trufflecat I am also getting that started about a year ago. It flares up when i get hot and my face gets red. Than it may get itchy for days later. It also flares up before my periods But my neck and upper chest also itches like dry skin. I am just falling apart plain and simple.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 11:42:54 AM »

All normal 07richard, sadly!  I'm 54, not on hrt and periods are now two or three months apart.  My worst time was from 51ish to a few months ago roughly, its certainly been one hell of a ride and possibly not over yet but it is definitely a lot better than it was! 

S x
Thanks Sparkle I was hoping my periods would end soon. You just put out my happy dance. i just want to get on with enjoying the freedom of no more periods with out all that goes with it. My next life I am going to be a man.  ;)

Keepgoing

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 02:18:10 PM »

Hi 07drichard my skin is itchy as hell, all over.  Hrt tabs took it away but the side effects were horrible so I am now trying estrogel and utrogestan. I'm 6 days in still having night sweats albeit not so bad and still itchy so hopefully it will work...or maybe I need a higher dose al wait and see. The itchy skin drives me nuts...dry hair and spots, I have always had good skin so this is an issue. As I said hrt helped all this so hoping the estrogel kicks in soon xx
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 03:04:01 PM »

Hi 07drichard my skin is itchy as hell, all over.  Hrt tabs took it away but the side effects were horrible so I am now trying estrogel and utrogestan. I'm 6 days in still having night sweats albeit not so bad and still itchy so hopefully it will work...or maybe I need a higher dose al wait and see. The itchy skin drives me nuts...dry hair and spots, I have always had good skin so this is an issue. As I said hrt helped all this so hoping the estrogel kicks in soon xx
Hi Keepgoing I am glad someone else has that problem. I have not seen any post with others who have that same issue. I know other problems can cause itchy skin. But I did have blood work done and everything looks good with it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 04:07:51 PM »

If you use the 'search' box and type 'itchy' you'll see lots of appropriate threads.  My insteps still itch intermittently.  It's often a sign of oestrogen levels dropping  ::) - initially I had an itchy back every evening after my bath.

Acne is common with hormone upheaval.  Some people have to take a long course of anti-biotic therapy in order to keep it under control.

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 04:37:08 PM »

You got me scratching!  ;D I have this most days. I bought some moisturiser which is helping a bit. However, I'm also taking antihistamines as it drives me insane at bedtime. Not cured, but not so itchy.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 05:13:19 PM »

If you use the 'search' box and type 'itchy' you'll see lots of appropriate threads.  My insteps still itch intermittently.  It's often a sign of oestrogen levels dropping  ::) - initially I had an itchy back every evening after my bath.

Acne is common with hormone upheaval.  Some people have to take a long course of anti-biotic therapy in order to keep it under control.
New to the site still trying to figure everything out. Thank you

Keepgoing

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 05:24:07 PM »

Yes 07 my doc did all blood tests cause of itch as she said it is not a symptom of menopause but I beg to differ on hrt I have no itch...all bloods were normal so now she knows lol. I was taking anti histamines to try and control it and slathering on the creams but nothing worked. Hrt is the only thing that helps it for me anyway x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 06:25:38 PM »

You are very welcome 07richard - browse round ;-).

DH has had problems with the area under his socks, you know, where the elastic sits.  He has been putting hand cream on those itchy areas as I don't want the skin to 'break down'  :-\
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 06:34:23 PM »

Yes 07 my doc did all blood tests cause of itch as she said it is not a symptom of menopause but I beg to differ on hrt I have no itch...all bloods were normal so now she knows lol. I was taking anti histamines to try and control it and slathering on the creams but nothing worked. Hrt is the only thing that helps it for me anyway x
I really don't want to take HRT. But I at least know others have the same problem. It seems when you take pills to help one thing they cause 10 others.  ???

jgr

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 07:05:19 PM »

Ho 07drichard, i suffer from itchy skin mainly shins and top of thigh, although it can be other places too. I am on Evoril Conti patches and although it helps, it doesn't stop it completely. xx

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 07:09:53 PM »

Nothing needs to last forever.  HRT helps - it can protect bones and heart.  GPs have received new Guidelines in recent months to bring them in line what many ladies already realised  ;).  Quality of Life is important …..  sometimes Ladies try HRT to see what symptoms it can relieve.

Keepgoing

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 07:53:05 PM »

I am trying estrogel at the minute 6 days in and I have no side effects it's a gel you rub in, you could maybe ask for this one. If you have a womb you need utrogestan also not started that yet so don't know how I will be on that but these 2 are bio identical hrts...closest to our own make up. I tried 2 other preparations but the synthetic progesterone did not agree with me so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this one is ok. I am 45 and been suffering peri for about 3 years and the new guidelines say if your under 50 you should be on some sort of hrt to protect yourself. I really cannot tolerate the itchy skin so anything that helps get rid al take it lol xx
Pages: [1] 2 3