Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Is the worst yet to come  (Read 6132 times)

Is the worst yet to come
« on: February 18, 2016, 12:50:53 PM »

I am 51 still having heavy periods.I see post from others that Menopause hot flashes, mood swings ect are worst after your periods stop. Others say that it is during perimenopause, which is it?
 I don't want to feel any worst as between this I'm in the process of a divorce after 27 years. My world is so turned upside down. My husbands chased away any friends I had. My 2 kids 26 & 19 had to deal with my husband for years and I try to spare them whats going on now. All this seem to make my mood swings and just feel sad worst. I don't like to take pills, I feel people are over medicated and why take something that causes 10 other problems. Well thanks for letting me vent. :'(

Dancinggirl

Re: Is the worst yet to come
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 01:59:17 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM [email protected]
You are obviously going through a rough time and to cope with meno symptoms as well must make things worse. :hug:
Nobody can answer your question really as we are all different so meno symptoms will vary from women to women. The fluctuations of the hormones through peri meno stage, which you are in, can be the toughest as you can't know how you are going to feel from days to day - and oh Boy! how these fluctuations mess with our moods. In post meno the gradual lowering of the oestrogen levels over about 2 years after your final period can also be tough but nobody can tell you when and if the meno symptoms will calm down. Many women do find once their periods stop things settle within one to two years.
Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up - if you are still getting regular periods then you will be peri meno but if your periods are getting really heavy and erratic it could be worth discussing this with you GP as sometimes a Mirena is a good idea a this will control and often stop all bleeding which can help - if flushes are a problem you could add some oestrogen as gel or patch.
As you are going through such emotional turmoil at the moment, I would recommend you try some Mindful Meditation - I started doing this on the recommendation of my GP 2 years ago and with regular practise it does really help. Hopefully once the divorce and all this entails calms down you can get on with your life. I can understand your wish to protect your children - I have a boy and a girl in their 20s - but being straight and open is often best. I've found it is best to put yourself first at times of stress because if you go under, then you are no use to anyone and actually become a burden to others.
Make sure you eat well, try to get out for brisk walks, take some Vitamin D to help your mood and energy - you will probably emerge feeling stronger and free.  Keep posting.  Dg x
?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:42:47 PM by Dancinggirl »

Clovie

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 03:25:34 PM »

Welcome to the forum
I don't know the answer to your question, but after reading your post I just wanted to send you a big gentle virtual hug.  :hug:

You sound like you've got enough on your plate right now without hormonal evils adding to it. 
Don't worry about venting - honestly- please keep posting if it helps you to get it all out. I sometimes do - and let me tell you there are some fantastic ladies on here who really understand what we are going through with our hormones and that helps enormously.

I think you might feel a teensy bit better if you think about opening up to your children? I'm sure they wouldn't want you to be suffering alone? 

take care x

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 04:56:13 PM »

Thank-you!! With everything going on I didn't realize my e-mail was there. This is the 1st group I have joined. Some of the things I read was just what I was going through and at first thought it was only me it was happening to. Figured this would be a great informative group to be in. Again thank-you for your kindness.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 05:05:49 PM »

Keep posting 07drichard - we are here to support you.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 09:00:44 PM »

Hi 07drichard

:welcomemm: from me too!

Dancinggirl -  good point about the e-mail address, but you might want to edit it out from your post too!! :)

Those of us who take HRT don't see it as medication - especially those of us who don't take tablets - but use patches or gel - and what we use is biologically identcial to our own hormones. I didn;t start using it until i was well into peri-menopause and had missed lots of periods - ie after 5 months without one and anotherb several months previously. I've been on it ever since.

Hopefully you won't need it yet anyway as your periods are regular so still ovulating and hopefully no really bad symptoms as yet except maybe worse pms?

Enjoy reading the info in this site :)

Hurdity x
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 12:22:47 AM »

I think that my e-mail is gone. I am new to being in a group. I didn't even realize it was there.
At 51 I hope my periods end soon,I really don't want to talk anything. I am hoping once my life gets back on track maybe I will start to feel better, and life will look brighter.
 Not to sound too dumb but when you post a reply it goes just as a general reply. You can't reply to each individual post? :-\

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 10:49:38 AM »

07drichard - yes your email has gone - so don't worry. You can send personal messages but I think you need to have done a certain amount of posts first - I could be wrong about that.  There is a tab above which says 'messages' and this allow you to send a private message to a particularly member so you can ask advice ro support others with it join on the forum.
If you are not experiencing too many problems like flushes, then hopefully once life settles you will feel better. Stress can effect us so negatively. Do look after yourself. Do keep posting if you wish.  DG xxxx