Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi everyone ;)  (Read 2137 times)

Ciscola

Hi everyone ;)
« on: February 01, 2016, 04:41:55 PM »

Hi, my name is Gill. I'M 58 & have been in my menopause for about 10 years.
The reason I have joined the forum is that my doctor has just put me on Hrt for my insomnia, which he believes is linked to my Menopause.
I was hoping to manage without & had been doing quite well up to now, using alternative therapies & sheer stubbornness.
I'm hoping to learn from others experiences, what to expect.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi everyone ;)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 05:21:56 PM »

:welcomemm:

Remember, nothing needs to last for ever so try the HRT to see if it works?  Stubborness after all, hasn't work thus far  ;)

Sometimes too, our own hormones break through 'alternative' therapies. Have you read the threads in our alternative 'room' ?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 07:47:30 PM »

Hi Ciscola

:welcomemm:

We can help you - perhaps if you are a bit more specific? When you say you've been in menopause for 10 years do you mean your last period was 10 years ago? What sort of HRT have you been given and do you have any other symptoms besides insomnia eg is this accompanied by hot sweats etc?

Do have a good look round the site - there is masses of really useful information here and lots of support from women like yourself :)

Hurdity x

Ciscola

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 01:20:29 PM »

Hi Hurdity, I've just posted this somewhere else on the site. I'll get used to it soon :)
My last period was about 10 years ago. The sweats have died down quite a lot during that time. The irritability still remains. But it's mainly the lack of sleep for the 10 years. It's taken quite a toll. Hence my visit to the doctors.

May I ask a question please?
My doctor has prescribed me Prempak-C for my Insomnia & Mood swings.
The first 2 weeks (with 1.25mg Estrogens only) I began to sleep better & was a little less moody.
When I then added the .15MG Norgestrel it all went t**s up. My sleep patterns were back to non-existent & I was sooooo moody. I also had a lot of breast pain.
I looked up why they Norgestrel is needed & saw that it protects the user of Estrogens from potential Endometriosis or womb cancer. So I can't just stop that part.
But I was wondering if there are any alternative HRT treatments, using different drugs. I'd like to check this before I take it all to the doctors.
Can anyone help please?