Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Loss of marbles  (Read 4297 times)

Joyce

Loss of marbles
« on: February 16, 2016, 10:55:30 PM »

Not me, at least I don't think it's me & that's what's worrying. Been a few incidents recently involving hubby. Today, he had a bun & put one remaining bun on top of bread bin & threw away the wrapping. He denies all knowledge. There were 2 buns in wrapping when I went out today. I know this as I remember wrapping wrapper around them so they wouldn't dry out. Anyway I checked the bin & there buried near the bottom was said wrapper. I mentioned he was losing his marbles, but he retorted saying there was nothing wrong with his marbles, sort of insinuating that my marbles are going AWOL. I blame so many things on meno brain, but wonder if it's me or him.

Joyce

Re: Loss of marbles
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 08:51:10 AM »

Made me laugh sparkle!  ;D Had to re-read that as your description of your hubby could be mine.

Alzheimer's runs in my side of the family. My mum, her sister & their father all succumbed to it.

littleminnie

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 09:01:38 AM »

So you could have unwrapped the bun and left it on the bread in. Lol
I wouldn't worry about it, we do things far worse than that.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 12:00:43 PM »

Ah but I know I didn't LM.  ;D  ::)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 03:36:57 PM »

At least my husband does not argue he admits it!

Today he has appt with diabetic nurse at 3.20pm. At 3.05pm I go into his workshop and say " do you realise the time".  Vacant expression and then " oh no I didn't". So I remind him of his appt at 3.20pm. Its a 10 min drive away.
He ambles in and washes hands etc and by now its 3.10pm.  Says me " hope there are no hold ups on way to surgery". 
Blank look yet again.  Me " well your appt is in 10 mins". Him " oh is it I though it was at 3.30pm". This is minutes after telling him the appt time, its written in the big diary thats open week to view on the kitchen table. 
I suggest gently! that he might find it helpful to look at the diary, he laughs and says he would have to spend all day stood in front of it.
He is a very clever man who lives on another planet and has been exactly same since I first met him 36 years ago ( sigh)

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 03:45:34 PM »

Oh countrybumpkin, I'm smiling away here. My hubby is a bit like that. In fact he totally messed up an interview once, not by being late, but a whole week early! ;D Did he return for interview at the right time the following week? Nope! Too mortified!

I've finally persuaded mine to put his appointments etc onto calendar in the kitchen. I got one with columns so he can see at a glance what appointment he has on any given day. So far, it's worked.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 03:53:11 PM »

We have a 'his and hers' calendar and if it ain't on it, we ain't doing it.  We both do silly stuff around the house but I do find myself wondering about Himself at times.  Especially when he's driving  :-\.  A couple of times since C.mas he's taken a wrong turning on roads we know well  :-\ ……….. I try not to talk to him so that he can concentrate on his driving.  Also, he won't always indicate until we are at or on the junction but he moans about others that do the same thing  :sigh: ……..

It's reading glasses that trip us up all day long!   ::) or my mobile phone or car keys  :-\

countrybumpkin

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 06:27:23 PM »

Ah but to be useful they have to actually look at the calender/diary and remember it exists!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 08:24:45 PM »

:rofl: