Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Eggwhite mucus and burning leg...?  (Read 5163 times)

Eggwhite mucus and burning leg...?
« on: January 23, 2016, 11:58:14 AM »

I'm confused again.... ;) Started my period on Jan 14. It was short and odd. Today I have eggwhite mucus again, which is starting to seem familiar. My periods are often closer together these days. But...I also have a strange burning patch on my left thigh. I had this quite a lot last winter too. Always the same place and nothing to be seen. Not red - nothing. I've read that these things can happen due to estrogen deficiency. But how does that make sense in conjunction with the mucus? Wouldn't that indicate higher estrogen levels? Like I said....confused!!

Milamam

Re: Eggwhite mucus and burning leg...?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 02:42:45 PM »

Confusing, yes. The mucus and the frequent periods indicate higher estrogen, that is what I know. But the burning patch might be something totally unrelated?

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 03:14:47 PM »

Yes, it could be unrelated. But it seems all the odd symptoms started more or less the same time, i.e. last winter. Maybe all these symptoms can coexist if hormones are fluctuating a lot in peri?

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 06:55:12 AM »

Yes, it sounds kind of logical. I had a lot of this last winter when I first started feeling all strange. Depressed, anxious, stomach problems, etc.

Today I had a tiny bleed. There was a drop of blood mixed in with the eggwhite mucus. Could this be ovulation? It kind of fits with the timing, 10 days after the start of my last period.... Or is it something new to worry about?????

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 07:33:10 AM »

Sounds normal to me 20032003!  I also used to have this pre-peri on occasions.  Ovulation has always been painful too, to some degree.  Has yours? 

S x

Sometimes painful, yes. I mostly get cramps in my uterus area though. Not so much in the ovary area. I also seem to poop more....for some reason....  ???

Briony

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 10:08:57 AM »

I agree with the others. It looks like your cycle is shortening and you're ovulating early. The burning/ tingling legs for me is definitely hormonal. It comes when my hormones are fluctuating . Recently I've started getting the same sensation on my tongue too! X

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 10:18:33 AM »

I agree with the others. It looks like your cycle is shortening and you're ovulating early. The burning/ tingling legs for me is definitely hormonal. It comes when my hormones are fluctuating . Recently I've started getting the same sensation on my tongue too! X

I think I've had the tongue-thing too! The other day I felt as if I had burned my tongue, but I couldn't think of what could have caused it (melted cheese typically does it.... ;) ). Maybe it was a hormone hiccup then.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 03:16:32 PM »

Lots more mucus today and some bloating so, yes, most likely ovulation.

But am I the only one who experiences an increase in, hrm, pooping frequency? Mostly normal stuff, but have to go more times.