Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Another odd observation  (Read 5499 times)

Another odd observation
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:45:02 PM »

I track my periods, symptoms etc since many months back using a phone app. I have noticed something that I'm curious about. Almost every cycle ends with a bad stomach day/diarreah. On day 5-7, almost every month, I've had diarreah. Today is really annoying with bad stomach, back ache, a cold and itchy boobs. Can I be reacting to rising estrogen levels at the end of my period? Or rather over-reacting since I'm peri.....I obviously can't be affected by a virus every single month on the same day!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Another odd observation
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 04:17:30 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::) ……….. for a while, within an hour of my period starting, I would have to be near a loo - whether a bleed was due/not.  I had to keep a close eye on the calendar and couldn't travel 2 days prior to the period 'cos of 'the runs'!

Lizab

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 04:50:38 PM »

I think that's pretty common, menopause or not. Hormones.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 05:20:26 PM »

But at the END, though? I used to get really bad diarreah and stomach cramps at the beginning of my periods when I was younger. I was close to fainting a couple of times. But at the end is something "newish" for me.... On the other hand, I used to get migraine-like headaches ALWAYS on day 5 of my period for years. It was so annoying because as soon as I could stop taking painkillers for my cramps, I would have to start taking them for headaches instead.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 05:52:14 PM »

it's The Change  ::)

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 05:17:50 AM »

And of course this time I DO have a virus too, since I have a cold. I also seem to catch viruses easier while on my period. I guess your body is exhausted enough dealing with all the hormones...

Sarai

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 04:22:52 PM »

I have a similar thing. For over 10 years I have had a change in bowel habits at period and ovulation time, and also a stomach ache, as in gastric, backache and bloating around ovulation. It lasts for 3 days. Now having had no periods for 6 months I still get the 3 day flipping annoying thing, as I call it. I do so look forward to the day when that stops as I like to enjoy eating and it always puts me off feeling so full.

Briony

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 06:59:57 PM »

But at the END, though? I used to get really bad diarreah and stomach cramps at the beginning of my periods when I was younger. I was close to fainting a couple of times. But at the end is something "newish" for me.... On the other hand, I used to get migraine-like headaches ALWAYS on day 5 of my period for years. It was so annoying because as soon as I could stop taking painkillers for my cramps, I would have to start taking them for headaches instead.

Interesting you say Day 5 as that's the day my GP said you should always have blood tests done - it's when your estrogen is at its lowest, apparently?

BreadFruit

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 08:06:40 PM »

That's something which has me going as well, usually at the start of the period. Very annoying when working as everyone thinks one is skiving, when in fact suffering badly.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 04:31:02 AM »

Interesting you say Day 5 as that's the day my GP said you should always have blood tests done - it's when your estrogen is at its lowest, apparently?

Wow... That IS very interesting....!