Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: How unwell does anxiety make you feel?  (Read 19855 times)

babyjane

Re: How unwell does anxiety make you feel?
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2016, 04:26:01 PM »

I don't always drink when I am thirsty unless I have a visual reminder, hence the glass on the table. It is nothing to do with how much I am 'told' to drink.  I never have dark pee in the mornings as I drink during the night due to dry mouth, and sometimes it is almost as clear as the water itself in the day but that wouldn't stop me drinking if I needed to.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2016, 04:32:15 PM »

I drink when thirsty.  Or when I realise that I haven't had as many cuppas as 'usual'. 

As an aside - I maybe begin anther thread  ;)

coldethyl

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2016, 04:32:47 PM »

Dehydration can cause palpitations  which in turn can trigger anxiety response so I guess that is why you should keep drinking. I know when I went to and e one morning after I'd been out and about and not drinking as much the previous day and night they suggested I needed to drink more as that would ease things.

babyjane

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2016, 04:41:29 PM »

I also find I get constipated if I don't drink enough  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2016, 04:42:23 PM »

My mucus has never been cleared by drinking  ::) …….. I've had post nasal drip since the 1970s and worked for an ENT Surgeon who told me that living in a drier country would ease symptoms: when I asked if the NHS would pay for me to go to Oz he shook his head  ::) ………. did the Consultant ask what your diet consists of ?  and is there evidence to back his suggestion ………. why would drinking more interfere with mucous production as that's a way of clearing the area of bugs etc..  :-\

Drinking too much can be fatal  :-\

Background anxiety today has stayed, background …….. but I dread the next attack  :'(

Yep - bowels can be affected if people don't have enough fluid in their diet.  Lack of exercise can also cause an affect on the bowels  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2016, 05:10:06 PM »

One Speciality ticked off then  ::)

I would have thought that drinking would affect the acid reflux  :-\ certainly for me if I drink too late then try to sleep, at night I get heartburn ………. do you ever wish that you could see your insides, would that ease health anxiety?  :D

Dorothy

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2016, 06:14:22 PM »

I have a dry mouth all the time, but hardly ever feel thirsty - by the time I do, I have a headache and feel sick due to dehydration.   I drink a mug of warm water first thing and another before every meal. By drinking at set times, I make sure it happens.  As a bonus, the water means I feel less hungry so eat less!

CLKD I don't think the amounts we are talking about (e.g. 1.5 litres) are enough to be fatal.

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2016, 07:32:07 PM »

Nope.  I think athletes can be affected if they over-drink. 

Urbanchick

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2016, 08:08:14 AM »

Thought I would wake this up as hoping all my issues are anxiety!    Two years ago I just had tooth issues and the occasional panic attack.   Then bladder pain, stomach aches, trapped wind, numb arm, jaw ache...   Currently it's a weird feeling under my left rib and gurgling bowels.

I just feel like s*** a lot of the time.m. Hypnotherapy tomorrow!

Justjules

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2016, 08:58:52 AM »

Hi Urbanchick, I'm asking myself the same thing at the moment as I feel so ill in the mornings.....can't believe it's just anxiety.  I've been here before but this time it 'feels' different but then the family say I say that every time!!

I feel dreadful today and it's nothing hormone related with me as I'm well past menopause  :'(

Bettyboo

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2016, 09:08:08 AM »

Hi Urbanchick

Just thought I would let you know you're not alone. We've 'spoken' before on other threads and as I said, I have very similar symptoms to you.

I wanted to mention specifically the pain under left rib and the gurgling. I had this a lot several months ago and on/off for several years. Fortunately  ;D it was gurgling once when I was at a doctors appointment so I got her to listen to it. She explained that it is relatively normal, a lot of people have it and it's because on the left side there is a sharp bend in the 'pipes' and it's also the 'valve' where the stomach goes into the intestine. This was also confirmed when I read the Guilia Enders Gut book. I try to remember this to stop me from worrying - that some gurgling is OK, and also that gut is the 'second brain' and affected by anxiety. There's a lot of stuff about this on the internet at the moment.

I managed to get rid of the pain and gurgling by cutting out refined sugar, dairy and as much gluten as possible. My diet is actually virtually vegan. I don't know if it was diet related as it seems more likely to be anxiety as the HA makes it worse (Brain says it is pancreas C). Anyway it went away and I had three good months. However, recently all the gurgling has come back following the 'lentils' incident and a re-occurrence of more peri symptoms, like a period wants to come but it won't/can't (last one July), so I am putting it down to HA due to the lentils incident, the lentils themselves disturbing gut balance, and oestrogen surges. I am trying to push through it.

Good luck  :) BB

Urbanchick

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2016, 08:34:09 PM »

Thanks so much Betty, this has helped me enormously.    Am much better today, despite lack of sleep.

Best wishes to all fellow sufferers!

Clare11

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2016, 12:27:50 PM »

Hi, just thought I would say I wake most mornings with the dread I having a heart attack and it does take some shaking off, sometimes the darn thought is sitting right in the background all day. Then symptom wise I seem to get like funny electric feeling in the area elbow to wrist in both arms. Sometimes a pain in the middle of my chest and aches across the shoulders back. These I link to having a heart attack. :'(

Clare11

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2016, 12:48:38 PM »

Ops, forgot to say have fizzing in the head and sometimes like a thick head feeling and not quite belonging to myself. All fin and games x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]