Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Christmas Flu  (Read 7918 times)

limpy

Re: Christmas Flu
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2016, 04:07:25 PM »

Hope you feel better soon DG - it's horrid when these lurgies loiter.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2016, 04:14:07 PM »

You went back to work too soon!

GPs are reluctant to prescribe ABs …………… they are given to treat infections as a result of viruses, i.e. if one gets chesty ….. Vicks is good to help keep air-ways clear.  As is rest, rest and more rest ;-).

Sunnydays

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2016, 08:57:14 PM »

Such a naff time of year! I was in bed for 3 days between Xmas and new year and even yesterday I felt shaky after I'd been out for a walk. I've been thankful I don't return to work till next week.
Of course if I slept well every night I'm sure I'd have got better sooner (or never got I'll in the first place!)
If you don't have a chest problem then AB not necessary?? If you overdo it with a virus though it can lead to a secondary infection (eg chest infection)
So do take care and keep resting DG x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2016, 09:35:08 PM »

Thanks ladies.  I know my chest is fine but I think I have a sinus infection and my ear is hurting - I have a constant post nasal drip. Since I came home I have rested, done some steaming and will dose myself to try and get a better nights sleep. I had a bout of diarrhoea this evening and hope this is the final stage of this virus. So ghastly!!! Dg x

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 01:06:15 PM »

Nurofen etc. should ease sinus pain - I remember that, like being hung over for no reason ………  >:(

Dulciana

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 01:28:22 PM »

They're a pest, aren't they!  I've been lurgied on and off, over the past week.  Headache, sinus pain, random sore bits in random places.  I forget about it and then back it comes.  Like this morning - I went out to the local shops, to take a skirt (Christmas present!) to get shortened.  Nice, brisk walk, air into my lungs etc.  Since I've got back, I've been slightly shivery, glandy, sniffly and run down. I've needed hot drinks (that left-over mulled wine helped nicely!   ;)) and "cold" food - boiled egg, baked beans etc. to pick me up again.  And I had been going to be virtuous and work this morning.  Ha!

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 05:01:20 PM »

Can't rush these virus thingies …….. so if the mulled wine helped  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]