Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Digestive issues - update  (Read 2709 times)

Briony

Digestive issues - update
« on: December 29, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »

A few months back I was diagnosed with IBS-C. I had constipation and bloating which nothing would help, along with frequent abdominal cramps. Some days I could not do up my clothes and looked several months pregnant. Changing my diet and drinking water made no difference.

Looking back, I now realise it started soon after I stopped taking a low dose of antibiotics which I had been taking for nearly 7 months (for acne). Someone recommended a probiotic on here, but it wasnt in stock, so the assistant recommended Bioglan Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora instead. After reading the reviews on the Boots website, I thought I'd give it a go.

Have to say, after two weeks of little change, things have now improved massively. I feel better than I did taking the laxatives/IBS drugs prescribed and would say things are almost normal. Obviously it could be a co-incidence, and it's also possible things will flair up again,  but thought I would share this with you as I know there are lots of people on here with digestive problems.

B x

PS Hope it's OK to recommend a product as long as there is no link?

Kathleen

Re: Digestive issues - update
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 08:16:20 PM »

Hello Briony.

Thanks for the update and I'm pleased to hear that the probiotics are helping you.

I often bang on about the benefits of probiotics and fermented foods and the anti biotics you were taking would certainly have disrupted your gut flora, causing all sorts of problems.

Hope you continue to feel well. Take care.

K.