Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Christmas - a story of love and hate  (Read 21436 times)

clio

Re: Christmas - a story of love and hate
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 09:20:39 AM »

Louisa, im so sorry to hear that, I think mental abuse is worse than physical.  Ive had some shitty things happen to me in the past with an ex fiance.  This even came up in my first councelling session that I have started to have.  I hope they do get in touch, im sure they will when they are ready as they must have loads of questions they need answering. Do they live nearby?

Clio

Louisa

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 09:26:07 AM »

I said earlier that the kids were my life, I mean that they ARE my life.

No they are not near to me Clio, I'm in Mid Wales and they are in a part of Cheshire.

Louisa

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 11:41:09 AM »

Clio, you say I'm 'in a worse place than you' Maybe, but then there are people on this world who are in a worse place then myself.

I have to focus on what I do have in my life, the positive things otherwise I will fall apart.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »

Louisa - have you thought to keep a diary as to your life - how much you miss them, write a little note as to why you left for when they appear at your door.   I am sure that eventually curiosity will over-come anything that their Father has fed them ;  …… Could you send a note to each via their GP Surgery?  At least the Surgery will be aware of how you would like to have contact and also, why any problems are 'there' that the GPs may be involved in ;-).

You could put a big 'item' in the local papers: Western Mail and Cambrian News for starters?  "Hi A/B/C - Mum here, thinking of you daily despite the difficulties over the years.  I wish you well on your birthdays date/date/date …….. I wish you good health and should you be curious about any medical history that might affect your future, do get in touch"

Or perhaps via the Salvation Army who can track people so that you can info. and can contact when they are ready.

I HATE C.mas because of bad childhood memories and associated anxiety =  :sick02:

Louisa

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2015, 01:26:29 PM »

CLKD, I was warned off from making ANY contact by my daughters solicitor and I don't fancy going to court.

However you idea of writing a story - that's brilliant :thankyou:  That is something I CAN do.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2015, 01:32:13 PM »

That was one child?  How long ago?  Maybe things have changed emotionally?

Keeping a story for them to read should they eventually surface?  It may be that when they become parents they may feel it necessary to contact you!

DH loves Ch.mas  :-\ ………. he's now looking for receipts as 2 of the jumpers he choose don't fit  ::) ……… the 3rd 1 is
lovely  :-*

limpy

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2015, 02:48:04 PM »

Louisa - From what you say your kids are grown up now  ("they are now 32,34 and 36").
Presumably they don't live with your ex any longer, have you tried to contact them recently?
It could be that he was/is controlling them like he did to you.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 04:08:49 PM »

Maybe an 'open letter' via a magazine might encourage 1/them to contact you?  Things said in haste and the longer apart the harder it is for children to dare contact family members.  However, acceptance that this is their choice and that you will always miss them, does mean that you won't have any deeper hurt which may happen should you meet up.  There are probably counsellors who deal with the possible fall-outs in such histories, how about an adoption society for advice?

Louisa

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2015, 04:51:39 PM »

It was only 3 years ago when I contacted my youngest daughter.  I was told about 5 years ago my eldest daughter was seen pushing a pram - the baby may of been hers or she could of been babysitting. 

Louisa

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2015, 04:54:25 PM »

Maybe an 'open letter' via a magazine might encourage 1/them to contact you?  Things said in haste and the longer apart the harder it is for children to dare contact family members.  However, acceptance that this is their choice and that you will always miss them, does mean that you won't have any deeper hurt which may happen should you meet up.  There are probably counsellors who deal with the possible fall-outs in such histories, how about an adoption society for advice?

CLKD, I've just been in the attic, I've an antique small leather case in there which contains items/letter re the kids.  I've already written my stories and they are still relevant.  Not thought about  an adoption society, will give it some more thought.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2015, 05:15:09 PM »

I'm thinking of support for you.  Some place to go that sees the fall outs of long distance separations - so that you can weigh up the pros and cons before taking this further. 

3 years is a while ago ……….. don't give up hope but don't jump into anything up to your knees  ;)

Louisa

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2015, 05:23:38 PM »

:thankyou: CLKD, you have been very helpful, you have put a lot of thought into options.  :ange:

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2015, 06:10:31 PM »

I don't want you hurt any more than your history has hurt already ……

This time of year and 31st Dec. can be bummas for re-awakening hurt  :'(

Louisa

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2015, 06:35:37 PM »

I don't want you hurt any more than your history has hurt already ……

This time of year and 31st Dec. can be bummas for re-awakening hurt  :'(

Your'e telling me, everyone is welcoming in the New Year with Big Ben.  I did in the past but not anymore, I'm in bed about 9.30 - 10pm.

Louisa

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2015, 06:36:45 PM »

I've found this website, going to join.
www.matchmothers.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3