Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advice about Sequi withdrawal bleed  (Read 2679 times)

Goosieloosie

Advice about Sequi withdrawal bleed
« on: January 01, 2016, 08:30:54 PM »

On a Sequi regime generally how heavy is the withdrawal bleed? Is is quite short and light or can it still be quite heavy & long? Or is this a stupid question as all women are different? After being period free for 14 months I am considering changing to a Sequi after constant heavy on/off bleeding on conti so that at least I know when to expect the bleed and rather hoping it's quite short and light?!!  :-\

Chocolatechaos

Re: Advice about Sequi withdrawal bleed
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 08:38:30 PM »

When I was on sequi I would have slightly variable bleeds, some very light and some heavier with clots. They always came either during the progesterone or just after it so the cycles could still vary by 10 days.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 01:20:45 PM »

The first three months on a sequi HRT gave me quite heavy and painful bleeds but then it settled down to quite light and lasted for three days. Takes a while to settle I would say.

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 02:55:49 PM »

It depends on what regime you are using and how much oestrogen etc. The more oestrogen you take (and especially compared to progesterone) and the further you are from reaching menopause - then it is likely the bleed will be heavier. As you get post-menopausal and if the oestrogen dose is low/medium, and there is nothing wrong with your uterus ( eg no fibroids or polyps etc then it is likely the bleed will be small if you are on a normal length cycle.

When I took HRT on a 4 week cycle in very late peri through to post-meno I started having lightish bleeds and eventually these dried up completely so I didn't bleed at all. Ar the time I used 50 mcg oestrogen patch and 400 mg Cyclogest progesterone pessaries (which aren't used much now). I have a bleed now because I have been able to lengthen my cycle as I am well post-meno - and have kept approx to the medium oestrogen dose.

As Taz says also it takes a while to settle and depends how long you have been on the conti regime after being period free too.

Hurdity x