Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: starting out  (Read 2092 times)

boxerheaven

starting out
« on: December 01, 2015, 04:01:55 PM »

hi another newbie here im 48 had periods since being 10 always heavy and painful lasting a week, then at the begining of the year they were every 3 weeks 2 weeks and all over the place .. now every other week  >:(
been to the drs had results today yes they  think im peri so at least i know im not going mad  :P (or maybe i am )
i find im not coping with the not sleeping and the feeling of anxiety / despair makes my stomach ache i know its irrational but i cant help it .. i feel teary alot as well
i have been given hrt and iron and am hoping to get some sleep and calm my anxiety down ....
i change jobs about 4 months ago and feel like i have made a huge mistake to the point i want to rush into old job screaming take me back  when the anxiety is bad and when its not i realise that im being daft  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: starting out
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 04:03:56 PM »

:bighug:

:welcomemm:

sounds about 'normal' ……. have a browse round, make notes: I take a beta-blocka at night to ease anxiety surges.  Despair hits as I'm dropping off to sleep  :-\.   I also have an emergency pill for when anxiety floors me.

Do you like your new job?

boxerheaven

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 04:13:12 PM »

i dont know thats just the thing lol at "normal" times i do i have gone from having 4 part time jobs to 1 full time job more money less hours but its nights so very different to what im used to maybe its the change thing i dont do well with it  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 04:25:22 PM »

Night work is known to cause stressors on the body.  Maybe have a chat with your GP …….. to find out how other night works cope?  Add hormones to the mix  >:(  ::)

boxerheaven

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 04:27:21 PM »

thanks i will do that when i go back if i havent improved  :-\

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »

Hello boxerheaven and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately anxiety in all it's forms is a common symptom of the menopause and as you have discovered any rational thinking flies out of the window at such times.

The good news is that you have come to the right place for help and support. You are not alone.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 07:54:21 PM »

Hi boxerheaven

:welcomemm: from me too.

Hope the hRT does the trick and you feel better soon. What type have you been given?

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 12:01:35 AM »

:welcomemm: from me boxerheaven

Taz x

boxerheaven

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 03:53:41 PM »

its called elleste duet (sp)