Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How long before I feel HRT working?  (Read 4260 times)

Louisa

How long before I feel HRT working?
« on: November 28, 2015, 09:54:21 AM »

As you all know I started Elleste Solo this week.  I know it wont start working just yet and we all differ etc.  But what is a rough estimate as to when I will start feeling something, a tad better, the beginning of feeling better?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 09:57:41 AM by Louisa »

Dancinggirl

Re: How long before I feel HRT working?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 10:39:14 AM »

Flushes and night sweats can start to reduce within the first couple of weeks although I think this can depend on how depleted your oestrogen is. To feel the full benefit can take 3-6 months as your body adjusts and settles. If you are using a conbined HRT which has progesterone then some side effects can emerge and you may find your breasts become tender for a while and even strange sensations around the 'lady parts' -  My gynae describes the side effects as the body 'waking up'. If you want your mood and energy to improve then this will vary from women to women and again will depend on the type of HRT you are using and whether the progesterone suits you.  Be patient.  DG x

Louisa

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 11:01:46 AM »

DG  :thankyou: :foryou:

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 11:58:03 AM »

It took about 4 weeks for me, but we're all different. Hope it's soon for you Louisa.

Briony

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 03:30:15 PM »

3-6 months, for sure. The wait is the hardest bit  :(. X

elainewin

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 03:41:34 PM »

hi louisa im on climagest 1mg  for nealry 6 wks, took about a month to feel a bit better night sweats completly gone now..at the start off my second pkt had a light bleed. and pms symptoms irritable and moody but it only lasted a day, if your like me i was expecting a miracle straight away, be patient as you will start to feel the benefits soon .

Goosieloosie

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 05:48:06 PM »

Hi I have been  on Evorel conti patches for 5 weeks now and within 48 hours I noticed a difference, my constant need for a fan on overnight stopped on the 2nd night and I have never had it on since!! In fact I am actually quite cold these days, never hot anymore and trust me it's nothing to do with the cold weather...that never made any difference to me...I was still like a furnace! Mood wise I actually felt much better within the first week but the 2nd week I felt very PMT, snappy, irritable, crying and then I had a bleed (even though I am not on the cyclical HRT) ,I guess it's just my body adjusting but 5 weeks on & I feel great, more energy, not so stiff and never ever hot! Only problem that I have is bleeding, I bled for 6 days on then 6 days off and now again I have been bleeding for 8 days so i am crossing everything that this settles down as I am feeling really good in every other way. Hopefully you will begin to notice a difference real soon, good luck  :)

Louisa

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 06:41:07 PM »

Thanks for replying all of you.  Not feeling any different yet but am encouraged by your replies.  I think like some of you it's going to be a few weeks etc before I start to feel anything.

LeeJane

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 07:41:57 PM »

I am just over a month into Elleste and am now feeling the benefit.   :)