Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The point of this specific thread  (Read 24303 times)

honeybun

Re: The point of this specific thread
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2015, 10:28:50 PM »

Thanks Taz.

That's indeed what I said and look where we have ended up  :-\

Dana

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2015, 10:51:23 PM »

???

I really don't know what's going on here. :o

What's going on here is that only a small section of the forum is allowed to post here, and others aren't welcome. The above couple of posts confirm that.....

....... and you still haven't answered my questions. I don't like people making allegations about me without giving any actual evidence.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:54:09 PM by Dana »

honeybun

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2015, 10:59:49 PM »

Can we please just stop now.

I really want this topic removed/locked/got rid of......as soon as is possible.

Let it go please.

Joyce

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2015, 11:42:35 PM »

Sleep on it Teresa. It's not always like this. Hopefully things will be calmer soon.

Dorothy

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2015, 12:11:30 AM »

Teresa, I'd really encourage you to wait a bit - we've had a few spats before but they usually calm down again!  It would be a shame to lose you!

There are a number of women on here who either don't want or can't have HRT and a number of others who are keen on looking at alternatives as well as HRT, so you're not alone.  I'm on BCP because I felt that at my age (40) it was the right option for me, but when I come off at 50 I am hoping to be able to manage any symptoms without HRT, so I am really interested to hear about alternatives.

It would be good perhaps if those who are only interested in treatments which have been scientifically tested and proved effective avoided this section? 

honeybun

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »

Don't let it get you down. I know so many women who have managed menopause through natural remedies and they are through the worst and thriving.
We just do the best we can and although others will possibly disagree, the menopause is a natural process and will not kill us. It can impact on quality of life , but so do a lot of things.

Keep coming here for support.....well the forum and not this topic  ::). There are lots who will listen and try to help.

On a much sadder note......thorntrees has left the forum after many years. That is so sad as she was such a nice helpful lady. I really had hoped that the alternatives section would be a safer haven for some....but sadly  :-\

Honeybun
X

dazned

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2015, 11:33:48 AM »

Oh no not another meno symptom ,my neck is the only thing that doesn't ache

:rofl:

Joyce

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2015, 11:34:58 AM »

:rofl: Gotta laugh.

dazned

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2015, 11:40:03 AM »

Don't apologise we could do with a laugh.  ;D

Autumn

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2015, 06:50:30 PM »

Wow, I've just read through this and don't quite understand what's happened. :-\ ???

I think that maybe 'complimentary therapy' is a better description as the therapies all compliment each other AND medication without side effects.

It takes a while, and a lot of trying different things to find what works for you - be it medication and/or complimentary therapies/supplements.

That's why it's good to discuss what we've all tried and give support and ideas to others.

Dorothy

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2015, 07:38:51 PM »

Wow, I've just read through this and don't quite understand what's happened. :-\ ???

Don't let that worry you - there are times when ignorance is bliss and this is one of them  ;D

Autumn

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2015, 08:14:21 PM »

Ahhh, ok.... ;D

babyjane

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2015, 03:36:16 PM »

This section didn't exist when I was last here before I had a break (down).  I think it's good to have somewhere to explore all options.

I have never taken HRT (my choice) and I disagree with the comment that our bodies need the oestrogen and 'without it there is no hope of ever feeling well again' (or something along those lines).

I have had times when I have felt very uncomfortable and quite unwell but never bad enough to feel the need of HRT.  It is now 6 years since I started hot flushes and I was probably menopausal for some time prior to them starting.  But I am a stubborn so and so and I got through and am now post menopausal and the flushes are few and far between.

I have recently been diagnosed with a low grade depression and anxiety but I do not believe they are exclusively related to the menopause.  It has been a lifelime in coming because of my backgound.

My point is that I had menopause symptoms and they did affect me but I chose not to take HRT and I am starting to feel well again.  I just wanted to refute the idea that 'without HRT you can never hope to feel well again'.  You can, there is always hope but it is a long process, it won't happen overnight.

this is my contribution and my opinion.  It is not meant to challenge anyone else's view and I do not expect my view to be vilified.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2015, 04:44:30 PM »

If anyone is in touch with Thorntrees do encourage her to return.  All opinions are valued and we have to remember that the written word is static.
Pages: 1 2 [3]