Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Can VA cause blood in urine?  (Read 5161 times)

jorainbow

Can VA cause blood in urine?
« on: November 13, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »

Daft question possibly. 3rd sample came back trace blood but no UTI so GP referring me for bladder scans etc.  Didnt ask whether they would send this sample for further testing for UTI so might call later  (hopefully they will CKLD 😊) no particular symptoms other than this periodical sore burning sort of cystitis  I get once or twice month. Asked GP if presence of blood related but he said no.

honeybun

Re: Can VA cause blood in urine?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 04:51:13 PM »

Yes it can as the tissues thin and dry out.
Unfortunately it won't get better on its own so some sort of local oestrogen is needed to help the skin heal.
Have you asked about Vagifem....tyat should sort things out for you and make you much more confortable.

Honeybun
X

jorainbow

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 04:56:12 PM »

Thanks Honeybun Im going to speak to the GP I prefer next Friday. I did try Vagifem but it caused cramping and spotting  - as long as this isn't a problem (I have two small fibroids and polycystic ovaries) I'm going to try again as the ovestin they gave  burns 😯  at least they can rule out things with a scan but I hope I don't need the scope thing he mentioned.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 05:12:20 PM »

A little cramping when you first start Vagifem is really not unusual but it does pass as your body gets used to it. There is so little uptake into the rest of the body so it's very safe.

Good that you have a GP you can discuss this with.

Hopefully a solution will be found.....quickly  :)

Honeybun
X

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 05:30:41 PM »

Don't worry if they say you need a cystopscopy ( camera in the bladder). I have had a lifetime of occult blood in urine and was investigated for it when I was 19  ( I am now 54) with an iv x ray of kidneys and bladder but when I moved and changed Dr surgery the new one asked if I would have the cystoscopy to rule out being born with tiny polyps in bladder as was only thing left to test for ::)  I had it done and it was no problem, they use local anaethetic gel in your urethra and the test itself was not even uncomfortable.  Once the gel wears off then you feel a bit as if you have UTI for a few hours but if you drink plenty it passes quickly and I was totally fine next morning. 
The cause of my lifelong hidden blood in urine is big filters on my kidneys so blood and things can pass through.

jorainbow

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 05:34:42 PM »

Thanks countrybumpkin that's reassuring as it sounds painful! I recall having something done maybe 10 years ago where I had dye injected so they could see if bladder etc was working ok and if I recall correctly there was nothing found.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 05:38:26 PM »

Yep that is what I had done many years ago called a IV pyelogram but very very tiny polyps can not show up apparently which is why they like to have a look inside as well. 
Honestly the worry of having it done was a million times worse than the test and I would have it done again without worry if needed.

jorainbow

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 05:40:48 PM »

It was the weirdest feeling! ! Thanks again - hopefully appointment wait time isn't too long xx

andius

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 03:42:38 PM »

I always have trace blood in my urine....been treated for VA for 8 years now.  Cystoscopies show nothing wrong.

A

vickypk

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 05:47:42 PM »

I had trace of blood in the urine and had a cystoscopy and it was all okay. Urologist said it was due to the menopause an to use estrogen cream.

Vickypk

jorainbow

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 06:15:58 PM »

Thanks ladies - I'll update when I've been but I'm thinking probably the same in the absence of any other kidney type symptoms 😊