Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: feeling nervous for tomorrow  (Read 4126 times)

daisie

feeling nervous for tomorrow
« on: October 28, 2015, 09:18:50 AM »

hi ladies thought id drop a line to say im realy nervous ..having the hysterectomy tomorrow ..the anxiety i have been suffering since i found out i need to have one as been awful also i sank into a  depression ..i still think that if i had been treated for the bleeding problems iv had all this time this wouldnt have happened i should have been told to have one a long time ago with the records i have with bleeding ..polyps.and  fibroids it would have stopped the problem getting to where its got to now its took the medical staff all this time to say i need one ,,oh well ill just have to brave it now and get on with it ..i cant turn the clock back x daisie

Taz2

Re: feeling nervous for tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 09:21:29 AM »

Hi daisie - you will feel much better once it's done. The waiting is the worst part! Take care of your body afterwards though - it really does have quite an impact - or maybe that's because I had mine done at 61! Did you get any support from the hysterectomy UK forum?

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 10:06:16 AM »

Agree with Taz, you will feel much better afterwards. Are you going into hospital today for pre-op checks? Tell the surgeon, anaesthetist of your anxiety. They can give you something to relax you beforehand. I was so relaxed one time, they had to waken me to take me for op.

I had my hysterectomy at 36. Be kind to yourself afterwards though.

Fingers crossed for you.

daisie

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »

hi taz thanks for reply ..i did look through the forum but did not take it any further the least i know the better im such a worryer  its made me worse looking it up what they are going to do to me ,,im having key hole surgery,,im 60 now probly takes longer to recover the older you get.  did you have key hole xdaisie

daisie

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 10:40:24 AM »

hi cubagirl ..no iv got to be there for 7 30 in the morning i had my pre op last week but the anaesthetist does come round when i get there im feeling worst because when i went in for the biopsy a few weeks ago he couldnt find a vein in my left hand  he was hitting it so hard for a vein to show through he finished up having my right hand before he put the anesthetic in i fainted after woke up and it was all done  ,,i just hope its not him again ..my left hand was all swollen and bruised .i will ask if they could give me something to relax me thanks for reply will keep you updated all the waiting is the worst part i recon x daisie

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 11:08:09 AM »

No, daisie, I had vaginal without keyhole. I also had a front wall repair though at the same time.

On the forum there is a monthly club where you can chat to others who are having the op at the same time. It will be helpful, I think, after your op to have a look. I made some good friends on there when I was recovering from mine. It's encouraging sometimes to have someone else to talk to about silly worries.

Have you got lots of help sorted out for when you come home? Don't forget the recovery guide. Here it is again so that you know to take it very slowly!! http://gallery.mailchimp.com/a5692c6457e86f0e2182630fa/files/sbs_recovery.pdf?utm_source=Free+Hysterectomy+Booklet&utm_campaign=30c61c525a-Booklet-14&utm_medium=email

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 11:19:01 AM »

If they have a problem finding vein in your hand, putting it in warm water for a while beforehand helps. This is what they did with my son. Surprised they didn't think of it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 11:20:54 AM »

Thinking of you  :foryou:

daisie

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 11:28:15 AM »

hi taz ..yes i will look again on the forum after . im sure i will feel more like it then ,,someone i know had it done the same way as you ,,few days later she was in the pub i couldnt believe it when i saw her ..what a recovery ..yes taz i have my daughters coming down one by one not at the same time ..i also live with my partner he will be taking time out but need my daughters to make sure my house work gets done ..hes not got much idea when it comes to cleaning hes never turned the washer on all the 16 years we have been together ..i did show him the other day how to turn it on xdaisie

Chi chi

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 11:28:54 AM »

Good luck  :)

daisie

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 11:30:50 AM »

hi ckld ,, thank you x daisie

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 11:37:49 AM »

Just want to say that although on the outside recovery is quick you do have to be aware of what's going on inside. There obviously isn't a scar outside but on the inside the recovery is the same as for an abdominal operation.

You will get used to the house not being as you normally like it daisie. My kitchen floor is usually washed twice a week but it didn't get done for six weeks and everything was fine. You only get one chance to heal properly. Go careful. I had a one-cup machine which boiled one cup of water at a time for my cuppas. I had milk in a vacuum flask so that if everyone was out I could still have my much needed tea. It was the cooking and the shopping which got to my husband. He hated it. I managed to get out of the ironing for three months too but he's not cooked anything or shopped for anything or picked up the iron since.  ;D

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 11:42:48 AM »

It's good to delegate! I managed to get my two kids to weed the garden. I sat by the door/window & told them what to pull. Our menu was a bit restricted over the recovery time, but nobody starved.

daisie

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 12:05:44 PM »

hi chi chi thanks ..cubagirl i will see into the hot water...yes taz you right the recovery is all about whats going on inside  no matter how you have had it done ..will have to buy a flask never would have thought of that taz ,,good idea x daisie

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 02:53:54 PM »

Have a shopping bag too on wheels - so that you can load it then get someone to move it where you need it.  Good for going up stairs too …….. it waits at the bottom with stuff until someone can take it for you  ;)
Pages: [1] 2