Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone...  (Read 20108 times)

LynC

Re: Has anyone...
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 12:52:04 PM »

Well I have a long wait. We are hoping to move house and downsize a little in the spring . So I won't suggest another dog until that is done :).  My husband is not at all keen on small dogs so I have my work cut out. lol

Our Boxer has a tail. It became illegal to dock tails here in I think it was 2007.  He does look better with a tail but it is a dangerous weapon  ;D He can clear a coffee table in one sweep ! 

My friends Cavachon has looks like a Bichon but has the colouring and the eyes of a cavalier.

I recently found online a Boxer & Chihuahua cross !!  Can't imagine how that even happened !! ::) ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 02:27:16 PM »

Stepladder  ;D

I had a JR when I first met my future husband, she Worshipped the ground he walked on - he couldn't stand small dogs  ;D

LynC

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 11:51:00 AM »

;D ;D ;D

My husband didn't like dogs at all until I persuaded him to get our first Boxer. Now he can't be without his dog ;)
I know I will get my way in the end but its going to take time. Once we are settled in a new house (hopefully next summer) and life is less stressful then I'll make my first move, Watch this space  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 02:58:40 PM »

Shall we save newspaper and old towels then  :D  ;)

SadLynda

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 06:58:05 PM »

I've always had large dogs too.  But last year having lost all my 'girls' I was left with the Lurcher and the 'special needs' Labrador both boys and 'daddies boys' at that.  So we went to the dogs home just to look .... you understand................ I had in mind a small cuddly dog, I needed a little companion dog.

We reserved the little white staffie who is on my sofa now.  She is called rhubarb but she could also be called panic attacks, as she has helped me with those since the day she arrived :)

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 07:00:24 PM »

Rhubarb  ::) ……….  I LOVE Staffies …….. never met a bad 'un yet  ;)

LynC

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 03:35:59 PM »

Shall we save newspaper and old towels then  :D  ;)

Yes please :D   I'm already looking for knitting patterns for chihuahua jumpers  :)

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 04:13:22 PM »

;D

There's something special about a ginger cat - we had 2 in the 1980s.  Horty torties (tortoiseshell) have attitude  ::)

We have a ginger that visits; lithe, heavy, determined ……..

libby1

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 12:40:27 PM »

We have a ginger cat, who was a rescue cat. He loves a lap, talks all the time and is just gorgeous. :cat88:

My OH and youngest would love to have a dog but I'm terrified that our ginger boy would run away and we'd lose him  :'(
He's very sensitive and needy but we love him to bits.

Any thoughts?

Libby
x

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »

Don't.  Dogs are much more work.  The neighbours' have a puppy hence their 2 cats moving here for most of the day.  I had 3 cats and brought a dog  ::) ……… all were pts within 22 months 18 years later  :'( ……..

libby1

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 03:10:39 PM »

……… all were pts within 22 months 18 years later  :'( ……..

What do you mean? Sorry I have meno brain today  ;D

Libby
x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 03:13:50 PM »

I knew what I meant.  One cat was pts in the June followed by the next two the following July/Aug., [11 days apart] followed by the dog the next Feb..  I was shattered!

Now we have been adopted by various cats from down the street  ;D …….. 3 like watching the birds in our garden  :o …… but the birds can see them too.

libby1

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2015, 08:38:02 AM »

Thanks for the advice girls. It's obviously still a concern, I'm more than happy with my ginger boy but may get talked into a dog next year by my youngest. I've never had a dog, only cats so I'm not that keen anyway  :-\

Libby
x

SadLynda

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2015, 05:06:22 PM »

When I left home I adopted 2 kittens, then eventually got the ex to agree to a puppy - puppy was fine with the cats as they put her in her place, I had that puppy over 12 years.

With the current DH when we had the 5 dogs, we managed to adopt 4 of them the same age, adopted over the years so we didnt even consider their ages - until we lost 4 of them in 18 months all aged 12 :'(  We still have the last of the 5, he is 12.5 now and was the puppy of the group.  We also lost a rescue Labrador age 4 a couple of years back to bone cancer.  It has taken me this long to realise how hard each loss hit me, hopefully I will learn to grieve better in future and not bottle things up.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2015, 09:16:12 PM »

We don't get time to grieve when caring for several ill pets at the same time, I was in and out the Vet Surgery every week  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]