Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Has anyone...  (Read 17205 times)

LynC

Has anyone...
« on: October 22, 2015, 09:52:37 PM »

Reached this stage in life and had the overwhelming urge to buy a Chihuahua puppy ?   Is it that last bit of maternal instinct wanting something to mother because I know I cant have babies?  Even tho I didnt want anymore babies lol.  Just saw a video of my friends chihuahua and felt like I HAD to have one !   ;D ;D ;D   . 

Joyce

Re: Has anyone...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 09:57:54 PM »

I'd rather have a floppy eared, doe eyed spaniel. However, it will never happen. Hubby allergic to cats & dogs.

LynC

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 10:01:37 PM »

Awww thats a shame. I have one of those and he is adorable. He is a cavalier king charles and was supposed to be a lap dog but he is not!  He is a wild crazy thing who tears around on the beach and digs holes all day and prefers to sit on the floor rather than my lap :(. Altho he does follow me everywhere and sulks when I'm not at home bless him.   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 06:31:17 PM »

Cavaliers are all spaniel under that coat  ;) …… my friend picks up his 10 week old Tri-pup in the morning  :-*
We are surrounded by cockerpoo pups too - so no need for me to get broody  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 07:16:28 PM »

My mother had one.....we dubbed it the rat with long legs.
Cuddly they are not, sweet tempered they most definitely are not.
Hard work they are, oh and difficult to feed as they are so picky.

Not my favourite breed.

If you want a little dog that is a lap dog, that is soft and cuddly then look at a teacup Poodle. They are lovely.

Honeybun
X

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 08:43:32 PM »

A Teacup Poodle is a size of poodle that when they are pups will fit in a teacup. They are just lovely.

I have a Bichon who loves a cuddle. She will lie on my lap like a baby on her back....for ten mins before she is off causing havock.  ;D

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 09:42:19 PM »

Who says Prana: we have sled dogs down our street and they are fine.  There are all types of first cross being bred, puggles are sweeties (beagle/pugX). Like all breeds one should consider what they were bred for originally: i.e. JRs chase and kill rats, sled dogs and dalmations will run miles for hours ……….. at a regular pace, slightly quicker than a man or in my case, are able to  ;D.

We have chichuaasss (sp) locally and they are sweeties but I couldn't own one 'cos I can't spell it  ::)

I've always fancied a macaw ………. or a Harris Hawk  ::)

Briony

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 09:47:02 PM »

I had a similar urge last year, but for a little ginger kitten. I think it was turning 43 and accepting I'd never give birth. Needed to mother something. Needless to say, I now have a very naughty, very much loved red lion (sitting on my lap as I type). Rules the roost, but I don't mind    ;)

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 09:50:35 PM »

What made you stop at one kitten  ;D ……. we had 2 ginger kittens followed by 3 cats 10 years later followed by  ;D and now there are 4 cats in one house and 2 in the other ……….

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 09:52:43 PM »

And they come to visit you....best of both worlds  ;D

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 10:20:13 PM »

No Vet. bills.  No dirty dishes to wash up …….. no fur balls sicked up in the middle of the night  :whist:

Boa constrictor then Cubagirl?  ;) they give good cuddles; apparently.

LynC

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 01:12:26 PM »

Wow this thread has grown since I've been away :)

As I said I have a Cavalier King Charles spaniel but we also have a Boxer, 3 very old cats (ages 20,14 and 13)  and 3 mini lop rabbits. Still have this longing for a tiny tiny lap dog tho :)  My friend has a gorgeous Chihuahua who is affectionate, sweet and freindly and very good with little kids. So I might try to go to the same breeder if and when time comes :)
My daughter in law loves pugs but I think she ought to get on and have a real baby first lol.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 03:44:12 PM »

My friend collected a new Tri-colour Cavalier Boy last week - we hope to see him this week  :-*

Pugs are great …….. as R French bulldogs …….. fit in a rucksack on long walks  ;)

LynC

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 04:50:42 PM »

Awww hope you get to see him :)   A friend of mine has just got a Cavachon  thast a cavalier x Bichon Frize. He is adorable, looks ore like a teddy bear than a dog ;D

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 05:03:12 PM »

Interested to know which gene has come out in that mix  ::).  Usually a Staffie gene shows through ……. I met a terrier today the owners tried to tell me it's a border terrier ……..NO WAY  ::) more like a Lakeland but in 'grey' …….

We had breeders locally who kept the tails on their boxers  ;) they were so proud  :-*

When will you hear the patter of tiny paws?
Pages: [1] 2