Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oh dear.  (Read 1952 times)

Night_Owl

Re: Oh dear.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 09:50:33 AM »

With regard to cutting HRT patches, wonder if it is making reference to reservoir patches rather than matrix - not sure here - but believe that most patches, including the combined ones, are matrix so won't matter if cut up, as distribution is even (ie. not pooled, as in reservoir). 

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 12:12:11 PM »

I think you're right Night Owl

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 07:34:52 PM »

Not the Daily Mail again!!!!! This "newspaper" leaves much to be desired and is very hit and miss over its reporting.

I had a look at the article and as Night_Owl says - that advice refers to matrix patches and I don't think many women use them any more - I haven't come across women on here who do.

I am sure some of the pharmaceutical advice was sound but not the bit about patches. Dr Currie has already said  - in the magazine a couple of years ago or so - and through women on here - that it's fine to cut patches and even Evorel conti because you are cutting the oestrogen and progestogen equally. The active hormones are distributed equally across the patch and cutting just reduces these by the amount cut off.

Typical misinformation which will worry a whole lot of women needlessly and waste doctors' precious time because they will phone or make an appt to discuss....   :(

Oh... unless the recommendations have suddenly been changed and none of us know about it!!!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 07:36:08 PM »

I rarely read anything other than Telegraph and Sat. Guardian because of the lack of 'complete' reporting ……. the Press will pick up anything that will sell papers  ::)